+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Let's play... what's that rash?

I'll preface this by saying that I'm not seriously expecting an online diagnosis. We have seen our GP and just killing time in quarantine while we wait for test results to find out what it might be.

DS first came up in these spots late in the day on Saturday. They started on his chest, back and cheeks (near his ears). We saw a 7 days GP on Sunday morning who said "post viral rash, nothing to worry about" and gave me a letter to say he would be fine for daycare. At thay stage they had spead to his upper arms and he had a few on his buttocks and thighs. Later that day they started appearing all over his face, increasing on his torso and further down his limbs.

Monday morning they were everywhere and so many of them. Still mostly flat but a couple looked a bit pimply - no clear fluid filled blisters though. I had to see my GP anyhow so I took him along and she burst the pimply looking ones to collect fluid to test.

He has been a little unsettled at night, slightly runny nose, decreaed appetite and a bit more clingy than normal. Chest, ears, throat all normal. No fever at any stage. Both my kids are fully vaccinated, attend school/daycare and I work in a classroom.

So, place your bets ladies an gentlemen - what do you think the results will say?
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fifth disease

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (09-02-2016)

happychick1385 is offline Mummy to four little kiddies that keep me on my toes :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It could be just a viral rash. My daughter had something similar recently. I took her to the doctors for her immunisations but when he was checking her over before giving them we noticed a rash on her back and tummy/chest. Told me to come back in a week. The rash ended up spreading over pretty much her whole body but she was otherwise fine. By the time we went back to the doctor the following week the rash had gone. I was really worried about the rash and how much it had spread and was driving myself crazy googling pictures etc that had me worried about measles and the like, but she was fine. It was just a viral rash like the doctor said. Hope your little one is fine too xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to happychick1385 For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would say viral but pimply ones would make me think something else.

Nothing in throat/mouth etc is good.

Where are the pimply ones - everywhere? Also, has it been really hot and could be a combo of viral rash and something else i.e. heat rash?

Also possible allergy?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd say it looks like a post viral rash, DS had one recently.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm going to say post viral too.

Hope for your sake that's all it is! When will you get the results?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    post viral.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All clear for Chicken Pox - yay! Dr. was still double checking his palms etc and didn't seem 100% convinced its just your standard post viral rash but couldn't pin in down to being anything else. So post viral it is!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel  (10-02-2016)