+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Are you a quiet household or a noisy household?

Or somewhere in between?

I feel like we're quiet people and I really notice it when we have other people in our house who aren't like us.

For example in the morning when I'm up before my DH & DS, I take care not to slam cupboards or make loud noises. We're not loud talkers or yellers. We don't blast our TV excessively loud. If our DS has gone to bed, we talk quietly. If my DH stays up later to watch TV, he'll put on headphones so the noise doesn't disrupt me or DS.

Funnily enough, this is the complete opposite to the family home I grew up in! I really notice it when I visit or stay over at my folks place.

So what's your family like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Are you a quiet household or a noisy household?

Definitely a quiet household, exactly like you describe, and like you, the opposite to what I grew up in. I really struggle living in such close quarters in London sometimes as I feel like we're the minority, our neighbors are often pretty loud and it drives me batty! I long to never have to share walls with anybody ever again 😔.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Loud and proud here lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    In between. Quiet at night and in the early morning but if the boys are home together it's loud. Hard to get them to play quietly. That being said I am very mindful of neighbours and not giving them the shi+s. I make sure my dog is as quiet as possible and that the windows are shut if we're having a loud day (eg me yelling, kids being feral etc)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pretty noisy and with a baby due soon, we will continue to be noisy as i believe it's important for a baby to adapt to surroundings, not to tiptoe around them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    We for the most part are a quiet household. We are much like you described op and I never put much thought into it until friends of ours came to visit. I cringed at their noise level and I have no idea how they function like that! The only noise here is occasionally when DS decides that running through the house squealing (he's 21 months), cries or sometimes I might yell to catch his attention before he does something he shouldn't.

I moved house recently to get away from noise; neighbors and traffic and I definitely couldn't go back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No kids here, and DH and I are both quiet by nature. We read rather than watch too much tv, and go to bed early each night. When I go to visit my sisters and brother I am always blown away by the volume in their houses as they all have young kids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm noisy here. Not deliberately but just is that way. I like my music up, love to sing and I'm happy to shout up the stairs for DH or DS's lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loud! My husband doesn't know how to be quiet. When he's up for work he's so noisy. Drives me nuts! He says he tries to be quiet. He is just heavy handed & thinks he's closing the cupboards nice & softly but he is actually doing the exact opposite.
    My DD2 is just like him. Noisy as they come (especially in shops when no ones particularly needs or wants to hear what she has to say) and then when all 4 kids are home together I'm sure my whole neighborhood can hear them. Poor neighbors lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shells85 View Post
    Loud! My husband doesn't know how to be quiet. When he's up for work he's so noisy. Drives me nuts! He says he tries to be quiet. He is just heavy handed & thinks he's closing the cupboards nice & softly but he is actually doing the exact opposite.
    My DD2 is just like him. Noisy as they come (especially in shops when no ones particularly needs or wants to hear what she has to say) and then when all 4 kids are home together I'm sure my whole neighborhood can hear them. Poor neighbors lol
    I must admit I am pretty heavy handed when i do stuff. When I'm cooking dinner and rummaging through cupboards, having a preggers belly doesn't help, and if i drop something DP's like " yep, Sam's cooking tonight!"