+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I studied Law and Arts

I wish I studied Midwifery, secondary teaching or maybe even did business with my law degree. i enjoyed my Arts degree but I feel like Iwould have the ability to apply for more jobs if I had a business qualification in HR or marketing or something. At 17 I just assumed I would practice law. Which I don't, I have a public service job. I'd love to go back and study but it would mean a pay cut which i dont think I could do
    Last edited by smallpotatoes; 09-02-2016 at 17:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    I have a bachelor of science in nursing. I was never passionate about it and have spent 13 years in a job i hate. Very stressful industry and very physically exhausting. Im so sick of sick people. I actually quit last week and am officially unemployed. I obviously will have to go back to work soon but im dreading it. Unsure what i should have studied. I like animals, babies and helping people. Just loathe nursing.
    Another nurse who is burnt out. I'm sick of being treated like a maid. I hate the shift work and I'm sick of dealing with poo ( immature I know). I'm over death and disease and stress and double shifts.
    I should have stayed as a musician. Loved it so much. But XH said it didn't pay enough and he wanted me to do something that contributed more. And then the ******* cheated on me and we split anyway! Ah irony😆
    Congrats @sunnyflower on quitting. Good luck on whatever exciting new thing you do!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver flute For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    NOT what I wanted to hear, lol! I'm considering going into nursing as a career change at 38! I currently do industrial relations work.
    Same....I'm almost 37 and start my nursing degree in a few weeks 😢

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops, didn't say, I studied Arts & Teaching (majoring in gender studies and linguistics). This qualified me to work as a teacher (upper primary & ESL/humanities at high school level).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver flute View Post
    Another nurse who is burnt out. I'm sick of being treated like a maid. I hate the shift work and I'm sick of dealing with poo ( immature I know). I'm over death and disease and stress and double shifts.
    I should have stayed as a musician. Loved it so much. But XH said it didn't pay enough and he wanted me to do something that contributed more. And then the ******* cheated on me and we split anyway! Ah irony
    Congrats @sunnyflower on quitting. Good luck on whatever exciting new thing you do!
    I'm over
    Sick people
    Wierd nasty grumpy pts
    Same as above relatives
    Shift work
    Early starts
    Late finishes
    Stress
    In house *****ing cause everyone's stressed
    Being exhausted at the end of a shift
    Being treated like just a pair of hands

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Silver flute  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dropped out of high school and was pregnant at age 18. So after many years as a stay at home mum and feeling as though I wasn't good enough for university.... I am entering my second year of my midwifery degree and absolutely love it. No regrets, I am so grateful and happy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Social Work....but here I am 5 units to finish for my psychology degree

Thanks
    Reviews
    I studied physiotherapy and while I enjoyed the course, I never really loved practising as a physio. Finally found my mojo teaching physio not working as one. Think I was put on this earth to be a teacher :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Law. I always wanted to do criminal law but I went with psychology. I then did a postgrad in teaching. I love teaching but I still wish I had gone for law.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Speech pathology. I wanted to, was talked out of it and did international relations, followed by teaching.

For the past few years I've been seriously considering doing speech path again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast