+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default If you could turn back time to change only one thing...

What would it be? I'd have pushed harder for my procrastinating DH to get a proper qualification work wise so we wouldn't be under so much financial stress. I can earn a good wage but only work part time as that's what we've chosen but it is stressful and he earns decent but it's not secure. I'd also have had a bigger gap in DD and DS1 as that was honestly one of the hardest periods of my life. So that was two actually but you get the idea...!
    ETA : DH also says this is the one thing he'd change just ao I don't seem like an ungrateful *****😬😬
    Last edited by CleverClogs; 09-02-2016 at 02:56.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default If you could turn back time to change only one thing...

Deleted. You should never post on bubhub at 415am, no good ever comes of it
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 09-02-2016 at 03:18.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Without a doubt I'd go back and not have sex on the day I fell pregnant, it was just horrible timing to get pregnant and have a baby.
    ...I do rather like DS so it'd be even better if embryonic diapause could happen in humans like it does in kangaroos - where the embryo stays dormant in the uterus until the timing is right for a baby! That would be cool :-P

That or change my major in uni, I only discovered I had an amazing aptitude for something both really fun and useful/employable the year after graduating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have two:

* Different course at uni
    * Not marry exdh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not tell ex FOB I was pregnant 😞 I'll probably get flamed for that. But when the child of that relationship tells you as an adult, that you shouldn't have worked so hard at making sure he had a relationship with his dad. That in fact he would have been better of if I hadn't. Well let's just say I haven't recovered from that. Not sure I ever will.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Different course at uni. Actually would have been better if I didn't go to uni at all and picked up a trade instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Try for another baby sooner, I assumed that as I fell so easily with DS it would be easy again but age caught up with me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I maybe would go back to tell myself to do what I really truly wanted to do and not choose the safe option. But, I also wouldn't, because I believe any changes would lead to a totally different life outcome and I'm actually really happy right now with life. Can't believe I actually wrote that, but it's true, 38 and I'm feeling pretty settled and authentically me.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (09-02-2016),HillDweller  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I honestly have a hard time trying to think of one thing.
    Without the abusive ex, I would've never run and started working where I was, would've never needed to have a night off, would've never met hubby etc etc etc.
    Maybe change what and when I spent money... having some savings would be nice, and back when I had money I was a big spender :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    What would I change? Let me count the ways....

I kind of fell into my job by accident, and once there I was pushed by many people to get university qualifications which I duly did. Trouble is, it's not in something I enjoy doing. I so wish I'd chosen a different path.

Now that I'm stuck in my 40's in IVF hell, I really regret not having a child in my younger years. My home town had a high rate of single young mothers and I used to think 'Why didn't you just wait til you were settled and financially secure?' Now I wish I'd done the same.

Food. Much less of it, over a long period of time. I should have set myself up on a good food and exercise program when I was younger. I didn't, and gosh it's hard to catch up on lost time.

About ten ex boyfriends who really were a waste of my time and worry. I should have set my bar WAY higher when I was younger.

Money. I was never taught to save, and I had a natural inclination to spend! Bad combo.