+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm home full time with a 3 yo and 1 yo so do most of the everyday stuff. DH works 12 hr days 6 days per week for 4 weeks then gets a full week off. On his full week off we do a full over haul of the house, fans, walls, glass, etc. I do bathrooms and mop the Floors weekly. Hubby gets home at 530, dinner is usually ready and he does the dishes afterwards, helps bath the kids and puts at least one of them to bed. He does outside, lawns and weeds, hoses down patio etc. on his Sunday off or after work. He often walks in and grabs the stick vacuum and runs it over the floor.
    All in all I know he is a great help, but he often doesn't take initiative and I have to ask him to do things, he usually does it straight away though. Also when I go to play sport if I leave a clean basket of washing he will usually fold it, but otherwise I do all the washing.
    Re reading that I feel pretty lucky. But my hubby is also seriously ocd so that works in my favour for the most part.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    There isn't anything that my husband wouldn't do but I do most because my husband works very long hours and I work 3 days a week. 2/3 of our kids are in school.

Last week he worked 67 hours. I'm not about to ask him to vacuum or clean the toilet after a 14 hour day in a very physical job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do everything . I'm a single mother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband will honestly do anything if I asked and desperately needed it. But I'm not the asking for help type haha. He takes out the trash and does most of the yard work. He also goes through the toy/storage room every few months as a declutter/tidy up. He cooks dinner sometimes but he likes cooking. Only other job really is doing dishes but that's a pretty recent thing and it's due to an injury which makes it excruciating for me to do (he peels all my veggies for the same reason) but ha said he is going to buy me a dish washer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I'm a sahm so I don't expect him to do much, he cooks the best BBQ chicken so he's in charge of that every now and then. He does the kids bath after dinner and takes the trash out.
    Does most of the yard word and tends the pool.
    He's very capable and I think he would do great in the kitchen and laundry but I don't think I've ever seen him clean the bathroom and he's hopeless at ironing...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Husband works which allows me to be home. I do most things with the help of a cleaner and gardener. He would do anything if I asked but I rarely do as I would prefer he spends time playing with the kids which he is super hands on with. If I start working/wasn't happy with situation he would do a lot more. Works for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am a SAHM for the first term of this year (long story) but I do pretty much everything.
    House, I mow, take out the rubbish/bins, feed pets, bath kids, wash, cook, clean, shop and pay bills.

My youngest child is 7 tgis year, so I find it pretty cruisy actually, having the weekdays to myself.

DH works very hard to support us all and allow me to be at home so I don't begrudge him not helping out. It works well in our household.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DH and I have changed roles so much in the last few years so it's always in flux!!
    Without being asked he...
    Takes rubbish out
    Cleans up after dinner
    Irons his clothes etc (I'm never going to do this! )
    Fills up cars
    Mows/outside jobs
    Cleans his toilet etc.

He often does
    DD bath and bedtime
    Helps with her dinner
    Changes nappies gets her dressed
    Will often get up with her on weekends and let me sleep
    Takes her out if I need a break.

He goes through periods of being super helpful though. Lol.
    But I'm currently not working and studying so I'm doing housework more often. Which is fine. I also cook because he's not a great cook.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH cooks on the days he gets home first and some weekends, all the outdoor chores except weeding, sweeps and mops floors, cleans kitchen and sometimes vacuums floors and picks up abd occasionally helps me do the folding. Usually when Im putting it on the bed and he wants to sleep lol.

The main thing he doesnt do is empty and refill the dishwasher of a morning (this is a major issue for me), laundry and toilet

We both parent the kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    My husband will honestly do anything if I asked and desperately needed it. But I'm not the asking for help type haha. He takes out the trash and does most of the yard work. He also goes through the toy/storage room every few months as a declutter/tidy up. He cooks dinner sometimes but he likes cooking. Only other job really is doing dishes but that's a pretty recent thing and it's due to an injury which makes it excruciating for me to do (he peels all my veggies for the same reason) but ha said he is going to buy me a dish washer.
    I should add to this that apart from the dishes which I asked him to help with, the rest is his own choosing.
    I am a sahm to 4 kids (5.5, 4, 3 and 18 months) incl one with special needs and one that has several issues but undiagnosed. So I'm sure I will be able to take over the rest of what he does once they are all a bit older. My housework falls really far behind occasionally as I go through really sleep deprived periods due to the one with issues having sleeping problems and goes through phases of only 1-2 hours of sleep a night. So usually after a few months of that, when I get too tired to barely move, he will sometimes help out a bit more but usually I'm just happy that he lets me pot around and get to it when I can. He doesn't complain.