+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Hahahaha. I think thats the steelcraft one that all the 'bogans' use for their striders.

But yes, those car to pram capsules. So pretty much people use them then use the carseat to RF as long as possible (honestly, my DS screamed anyway so no point having a capsule. It was easier to calm him down just taking him out and holding him - seeming as he hated the pram as well).
    Speaking from people I know, most of us used our capsules until around 15+ months (friends with smaller girls used them longer) and then would vary and if they bought a forward facing seat or an EXR after. The new law is rearfacing until minimum 15 months so I definitely have friends who bought FF after that but many who chose ERF seats similar to mine as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought the point that Sonja was making about having 3 kids under 4 was how would you have all 3 seats rear facing if older children sit frog legged whilst rear facing.

Not being snarky at all just curious

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPink View Post
    I thought the point that Sonja was making about having 3 kids under 4 was how would you have all 3 seats rear facing if older children sit frog legged whilst rear facing.

Not being snarky at all just curious
    Are you asking how do they sit frogged leg? Or that it's not possible with three seats? I thought her point was more about the expense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Are you asking how do they sit frogged leg? Or that it's not possible with three seats? I thought her point was more about the expense?
    Sorry I'm spinning on my own tangent - but that's what I'm asking - if you had 3 car seats across the back seat, how could you do ERF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Petition to keep babies safe

The same way you do 3 forward facing? I'm not sure it'd be any different?

if you google image there are loads of examples☺️

But also, ERF until 4 is the absolute ideal but many countries say until 2 and the petition was until 12 months, so in regards to this specific petition or other countries it wouldn't be a problem.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 11-02-2016 at 17:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    A seat has not been tested rear facing above the marker so you would be going against manufacturers recommendations to continue using it rf above the marker. Britax have actually changed most of their seats to A4's now and you can get the BabyLove A4 seat for $200 so the unaffordable argument is mute because there are budget options now.
    Unfortunately it all depends on your definition of 'affordable'. I personally wouldn't buy a babylove seat, and the next cheapest is apparently $330, after that $400. The rest are $500 and above, according to the chart someone posted earlier, so only 3 seats can get you change from $500. Once places like big w and target and Kmart stock safe n sound and infasecure seats that are extended rear facing at a regular price of under $200, then I would have no problem saying they're affordable. I have 4 perfectly good seats that are a2, and would love to buy an a4 seat for the baby due later this year, but I'm not prepared to pay those prices, and I hope they come down in the next 12 months cos it's likely it will outgrow the markers before 12 months like big sister. I fully support extended rear facing, but i notice a lot of mums try to buy for under $200, and don't really consider safety, just ease of use, and wether it will fit in their car!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    ****please don't quote****
    @twinklify this is DS at 14 months in his capsule. There's a photo pinpointing the time because it was a rare moment of him falling asleep in it! 😂
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455175166.418248.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    That capsule looks so much bigger than the ones here. Love the clothes btw. And yay for sleeping in the car. Mine rarely did that. Now he falls asleep after 20 mins every time lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (11-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Petition to keep babies safe

Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    That capsule looks so much bigger than the ones here. Love the clothes btw. And yay for sleeping in the car. Mine rarely did that. Now he falls asleep after 20 mins every time lol.
    Still very rare for me! I think I have photos from every time it has happened, probably only 5! 😂

Eta: besides when he was very very brand new, I think this is the only time he ever slept in that thing!
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 11-02-2016 at 17:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kzm View Post
    Unfortunately it all depends on your definition of 'affordable'. I personally wouldn't buy a babylove seat, and the next cheapest is apparently $330, after that $400. The rest are $500 and above, according to the chart someone posted earlier, so only 3 seats can get you change from $500. Once places like big w and target and Kmart stock safe n sound and infasecure seats that are extended rear facing at a regular price of under $200, then I would have no problem saying they're affordable. I have 4 perfectly good seats that are a2, and would love to buy an a4 seat for the baby due later this year, but I'm not prepared to pay those prices, and I hope they come down in the next 12 months cos it's likely it will outgrow the markers before 12 months like big sister. I fully support extended rear facing, but i notice a lot of mums try to buy for under $200, and don't really consider safety, just ease of use, and wether it will fit in their car!
    Out of interest why don't you like Babylove?