Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Petition to keep babies safe

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    What if like me you had 3 kids under 4 and a half? All still in seats?

Apart from being stupid and insane that is.
    I don't get how that would matter if you've bought seats that last in age longer?

For us, we only bought the capsule because we didn't own a car yet when DS was born so needed to to be able to remove the seat easily and often, had we had our current car I would have only just bought our current seat and saved money.

And yes you are crazy 😉

Sorry realized after my post that yes that'd be expensive when you can't pass a seat on
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 10-02-2016 at 20:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    What if like me you had 3 kids under 4 and a half? All still in seats?

Apart from being stupid and insane that is.
    I am guessing the expense of buying 4×$700 is insanity!

I would truly hope that prices are made more affordable. Or if there was a specific 0-4 rearfacing seat and then you can buy 4-8 after (therefore should hopefully be cheaper and the cost spread out more).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    😂. Trust me, I'm not offended. I've been laughing at the ridiculousness of many of your comments, not getting offended. You've also popped back in a couple of times without being quoted.

I don't think I've changed, so the Holly of old is the same thanks ☺️.

As far as being passionate, I didn't really think I was but when I feel there are baseless/particularly ridiculous comments I'll call them out. If this was any other thread about child safety (vaccinations or pedophiles) you'd have no issue with my 'passion.'
    Your passion and sensitivity is leading you to read too much into things. It's like you have put blinkers on and are looking for a sparring partner,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Your passion and sensitivity is leading you to read too much into things. It's like you have put blinkers on and are looking for a sparring partner,
    Ok vp.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (11-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HollyGolightly81 I kept thinking about 1 thing last night. Do people in the UK/EU use capsules a lot? Because here they are up to 6 months but do people have a capsule for a few months then the seat with ERF? Or are capsules different? Or do they not bother?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Petition to keep babies safe

Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    @HollyGolightly81 I kept thinking about 1 thing last night. Do people in the UK/EU use capsules a lot? Because here they are up to 6 months but do people have a capsule for a few months then the seat with ERF? Or are capsules different? Or do they not bother?
    If by capsule you mean that grey/turquoise type one everyone in OZ seems to buy or hire for their babies, those aren't over here. I mean more those capsules that can go from the car to the pram like this:

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455133762.089137.jpg

Quite a few people seem to use them, at least in my area, probably for convenience if baby falls asleep and they need to take them out of the car. DS, who is average-slightly above average length and weight was able to stay in his until 15 months. If we had had a car when he was born I would have bought our current ERF and passed on the capsule, he never slept in the pram or car seat anyways!

Eta: most of my friends were able to use their capsules until over a year, only one needed to change for her giant child slightly before 12 months.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 11-02-2016 at 05:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahahaha. I think thats the steelcraft one that all the 'bogans' use for their striders.

But yes, those car to pram capsules. So pretty much people use them then use the carseat to RF as long as possible (honestly, my DS screamed anyway so no point having a capsule. It was easier to calm him down just taking him out and holding him - seeming as he hated the pram as well).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    They must be short until they shoot up in size during puberty lol.

Correct me if I am wrong but are there not seats now in Aus that do have quite high markers (some being inexpensive)? Also even if a child is over the official marker does that mean the seat is no longer useable as rear facing?
    A seat has not been tested rear facing above the marker so you would be going against manufacturers recommendations to continue using it rf above the marker. Britax have actually changed most of their seats to A4's now and you can get the BabyLove A4 seat for $200 so the unaffordable argument is mute because there are budget options now.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (11-02-2016),twinklify  (11-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    But it will be, hence why they are enforcing...

I'm just curious as to what other countries you're referring to as in being developed and having lax laws. I'm about to go run a playgroup so can't google every EU countries exact regulations. But I remember you saying until recently you hadn't been home for years, which I assume includes other EU countries, so assume you haven't seen how children travel in them for some time.
    I went home over Christmas
    My siblings are aged 0-25, so some should be in seats. The younger ones are, but not as many as probably safely should be- as in we still have DSS (8) in a seat, but my 5 year old brother is not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    I went home over Christmas
    My siblings are aged 0-25, so some should be in seats. The younger ones are, but not as many as probably safely should be- as in we still have DSS (8) in a seat, but my 5 year old brother is not.
    I know you did, but you had stated before that you hadn't been home for years before that. My point was that you haven't really be 'around' other EU countries for a while.

Anyways, it's a moot point, Ireland is changing their laws like the UK.