+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    im at work too. I have been to the gym, and eaten my lunch from home. I have things to be doing here, so I will tackle some jobs, but watch the developments on bubhub, over my shoulder. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quiet day here. Did a little bit of work sending forms to clients, tided the house now relaxing on the couch with dd3 while dd4 sleeps. Also waiting impatiently for my grandad to drop over with left over Chinese from last night that I left as his place and so he can pick up his vacuum cleaner. Also waiting to hear from dh about how bil's court hearing thing went and what time they will be back this arv.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hey y'all

Feeling pretty stressed ATM with a lot going on. On top of that we've had MIL staying for a few days, which always throws things out a bit. When you have a small house, you really notice having a house guest. She's lovely, but I do look forward to normalcy returning when she goes home tomorrow.

Tomorrow should hopefully be a better day

Thanks
    Reviews
    why, just why. After waiting for a week after the CAT team made a DHS report before coming out, DHS have decided that my so absolutely cannot return here tonight (I knew he would be removed when they came). But now, because he can't be here, the CAT team are concerned that my protective factor to help stay safe overnight is gone so looking at trying for an emergency admission tonight but there are no beds there, so it may mean being shipped off to anywhere with an available bed.

Add into that the surprise of the CAT team telling DHS that they are looking at hospitalisation for an unknown time followed by 28 days in a step-down facility, so realistically looking at a minimum 5-6 weeks before the CAT team will provide a report for DHS to allow him back home. While DHS have said the CAT team can organise for my friend/acquaintance to have my son after speaking with the school about the family, it is completely unrealistic to expect them to have him for that long. So back to looking at emergency foster care & a fight to get him back after treatment.

No wonder I am so over it all & not caring anymore. And why have I managed to self-destruct so much that it has come to this over the past few weeks

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    wow . pointless. I don't think I can even begin to understand what you are going through, but I want to send you hugs, and I hope things can be sorted quickly. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    why, just why. After waiting for a week after the CAT team made a DHS report before coming out, DHS have decided that my so absolutely cannot return here tonight (I knew he would be removed when they came). But now, because he can't be here, the CAT team are concerned that my protective factor to help stay safe overnight is gone so looking at trying for an emergency admission tonight but there are no beds there, so it may mean being shipped off to anywhere with an available bed.

Add into that the surprise of the CAT team telling DHS that they are looking at hospitalisation for an unknown time followed by 28 days in a step-down facility, so realistically looking at a minimum 5-6 weeks before the CAT team will provide a report for DHS to allow him back home. While DHS have said the CAT team can organise for my friend/acquaintance to have my son after speaking with the school about the family, it is completely unrealistic to expect them to have him for that long. So back to looking at emergency foster care & a fight to get him back after treatment.

No wonder I am so over it all & not caring anymore. And why have I managed to self-destruct so much that it has come to this over the past few weeks
    I haven't been through anything like this, but if I was taking on your son I would have expected a month at least before you were back on your feet. Can DHS talk to them about their time expectations?

I really hope this can get sorted for you. Hang in there

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I haven't been through anything like this, but if I was taking on your son I would have expected a month at least before you were back on your feet. Can DHS talk to them about their time expectations?

I really hope this can get sorted for you. Hang in there
    This exactly @pointless1 I would never have expected in the circumstances to only be caring for your son for a week or two. I know everything just feels so overwhelming for you right now but perhaps DHS can discuss this with the family who were to take DS?

I really hope you get resolution with your son soon so you can get the help you need knowing he is in a good home xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    @pointless1, I too would have expected to have your boy for a minimum of a month. I wish there was something I could do. I've been admitted to hospital twice for depression and anxiety but I am very fortunate to have close, excellent family support. I wish you did too xx

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I agree. If I was willing to take someone in under these circumstances I wouldn't be expecting to hold you to a time frame, just as long as it took for you to be well. I'm sure if the family have agreed then they are aware of that. Hang in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    How's everyone's week going?