Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Yep

Yep

And yep.

And @CakeyMumma was that a little Robbie Williams line you threw in there?
    Mebbe... 😉

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

Moxy  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm scared of death. The thought of one day just not existing, not thinking or feeling or being me terrifies me.

But I couldnt deny my children the gift of having kids. Nor could I deny anyone else it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd imagine that people wouldn't have anywhere near as much drive to do anything fulfilling because they're not a ticking time bomb.
    No eternity for me, thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. The circle of life and all, y'know? Who am I to mess with that? On the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by smallpotatoes View Post
    I'm scared of death. The thought of one day just not existing, not thinking or feeling or being me terrifies me.
    This line I could have written myself. I have an incredible fear of death when it comes to going through it myself. The idea that I could ever be buried alone underground for all eternity, or my body burnt in a blazing fire can almost paralyze me with fear. I have NO acceptance of my own mortality and if I think hard enough about it (normally at night as well - yes, comforting...) I can almost feel my heart pause from the worry.

There are people in my life who I'd be devastated to lose, but at the back of my mind I've always thought I could handle losing anyone as long as it doesn't happen to me. I am THAT scared of it. So in that sense I'd probably agree to any trade to get out of my own demise!

Why my fear is so great I am not sure. My Mother seems to think that as you grow older you begin to accept the thought of your own mortality and that it's normal at my age (41) to be afraid and un-accepting of it. I don't know. She's been wrong about things before....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope. Without new generations there would be no advancement in sciences as there would be no new minds or perspectives.

As much as Death scares me, it's inevitable, it's all around us.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    im not scared of dying. I believe in an everlasting soul. I believe we will be surrounded by our loved ones and welcomed into everlasting peace, and love. I have lost my father, my mother, my grandmother, and quite a few other relatives. actually I am going to a cousins funeral tomorrow. I believe in the circle of life, and it is also a circle of love. also , I believe it is open to anyone who chooses to believe. it is not some giant leap of faith, it is just one small step. hugs, marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Why my fear is so great I am not sure. My Mother seems to think that as you grow older you begin to accept the thought of your own mortality and that it's normal at my age (41) to be afraid and un-accepting of it. I don't know. She's been wrong about things before....
    The unknown is scary. And I think it is so normal to be scared of the 'what if/what happens' with death.