+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No. I'm not scared of dying, I just don't want to

I actually find old age terrifying. The idea of everything breaking down but carrying on anyway. No thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I find death terrifying in some ways. Sometimes I get thoughts (usually while I'm trying to sleep, thank brain) that one day it's inevitable that my children will die. Hopefully old and grey with completely fulfilled lives, but it has to happen. And they too will be faced with the same fears for their own children. I have no belief in the afterlife so it is just a sudden stop, but it seems weird to me I suppose that so much (I want to say soul but it's not really what I'm after) can just go from doing maths equations and feeing love and doing all these complicated things, into nothing. I fee like there should be more, but I wouldn't know what.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No and I argued the point with the JW that visit me. They go on about how wonderful it will be once it happens. I said it sounds boring and so very sad for the people who eventually want be able to have kids due to population control.
    He argues on the boring side, saying that you could eat your favorite meal and never get bored of it, I said well yeah I could. It's like listening to a good song, you hear it over and over and eventually you get sick of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't want to live forever. I just want to live long enough to see my babies grow up into adults and be able to know they're old enough to manage when I'm gone. My greatest fear is dying when they're young.

Afterlife? Well, I hope so. I don't believe in heaven/hell/god of any sort however I do believe in reincarnation of our souls to a certain degree. A sudden end of everything about us just doesn't make sense to me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimmmm For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelicHobgoblin View Post
    No and I argued the point with the JW that visit me. They go on about how wonderful it will be once it happens. I said it sounds boring and so very sad for the people who eventually want be able to have kids due to population control.
    He argues on the boring side, saying that you could eat your favorite meal and never get bored of it, I said well yeah I could. It's like listening to a good song, you hear it over and over and eventually you get sick of it.
    LOL I've done the same thing. They were so shocked that they didn't know what to say next.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (08-02-2016),Kimmmm  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    LOL I've done the same thing. They were so shocked that they didn't know what to say next.
    Me too! I was stuck at home feeling crappy post-chemo, and admittedly was a bit bored. I said "There are currently 7.4 billion people here on earth; how can they possibly all fit into heaven? And that's just those alive right now!". He nodded, and then read a completely irrelevant passage from the bible. Then told me that my having breast cancer was a "test from God".

I remained polite and said goodbye, but thought to myself mate, you're an idiot.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. Death scares me but so does the thought of living forever. That's pretty terrifying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My very reasonable and rational brain says no of course not.

Now I'll go against the grain and say my heart which fears death says bring on eternal life! Not for myself but the fear of losing a loved one. I am almost in tears right now at the thought of losing one of my boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    No. Even if i could be guaranteed I could keep my health and youth I still wouldn't want to live forever. Life would just get dull and repetitive.
    The only thing I fear about death is pain and leaving behind my kids if I was to die unexpectedly.
    Yep
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    No. Definitely not.

I do not find death scary though.
    Birth/new life is a new beginning. It is something magical - with new life we learn new things. It is a cleansing - I think death is part of it.

So no - I do not want eternal life here on earth.

It is hard to explain and I do hope that I make some form of sense.
    Yep
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    No. I'm not scared of dying, I just don't want to

I actually find old age terrifying. The idea of everything breaking down but carrying on anyway. No thanks.
    And yep.

And @CakeyMumma was that a little Robbie Williams line you threw in there?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No
    I don't think o have the right to take away the joy of a new child from anyone else :-) I'm scared of dying simply because I don't want to miss a single thing my little girl does and also I know that she would be the one suffering from the loss. I would be dead but she would have to live on. The idea of causing her any pain is what upsets me.