+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Done and dusted!! Will write out the story later if anyone's interested but Ollie Thomas was born last night at 10.23 and is now sleeping beautifully next to me in his bassinet at home.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (12-02-2016),BlueLips  (13-02-2016),deku  (12-02-2016),HeavenBlue  (13-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (12-02-2016),Mamasupial  (12-02-2016),My Beloved Ones  (13-02-2016),RedCreamingSoda  (12-02-2016),SammiJane  (12-02-2016),smallpotatoes  (12-02-2016),Sonja  (12-02-2016),Soon2be4  (12-02-2016),turquoisecoast  (12-02-2016),~Marigold~  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    Done and dusted!! Will write out the story later if anyone's interested but Ollie Thomas was born last night at 10.23 and is now sleeping beautifully next to me in his bassinet at home.
    Yaaaaaaay! Congrats

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

shani2  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats.. Would love to read the story and hear how life with 3 under 3 is. Enjoy mamma x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    well you make that sound easy
    Congratulations!!
    Another great name too! Hoping it's all going smoothly

7. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

shani2  (12-02-2016)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awww congrats! Newbie snuggles, you lucky thing

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

shani2  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats can't wait to hear all about it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueLips For This Useful Post:

shani2  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Right, here goes, it's very long, sorry!!

So when i woke up on thursday, 6 days over my due date, I commented to DH that I think I’d been contracting overnight and it was waking me up but I wasn’t registering thats what it was and just thought I needed to pee. Over the morning contractions continued varying from 8-15 minutes apart with some runs of very regular ones but still not to intense and I wasn’t convinced it wouldn’t fizzle out, however I think DH was fairly sure this would be it. I spent much of the day either hiding in the bedroom from the kids or on the fit ball watching netflix on the laptop.

Around 3.30 ish I knew mum would be home soon and had been feeling things getting stronger and I had a feeling that if she took the kids then things would ramp up as I think my body was preventing it with them around, I also put my TENS on at this point. Mum picked the boys up around 4 ish and stayed around half an hour :/ So it was about 4.30 by the time they left and by this stage I was getting convinced this was it.

I kept pushing through but things started to get more intense, with me needing to stop and really focus through each one, but I still made DH help me tidy up when the kids left and then he cooked some sausages on the BBQ for some dinner. After much deliberation I decided to give my midwife a heads up that it seemed to be the real deal but that we weren’t quite ready to head in, I was contracting every 5-7 minutes at this point and it was about 5.50. She was happy with whatever we wanted to do and just said to call her back when we wanted to head in and she would meet us there. We ate some dinner and things started to get stronger pretty quickly after this and I told DH it was time to have a shower if he wanted to and then we were going to go. Poor DH then got a nervous tummy and had sit on the toilet for a little while then showered and we left at about 6.30. Car rides are always fun when in labour, especially when you’ve got an hour to drive, but we made it there by 7.30, just as my midwife was walking in the door.

When we arrived things always go a little off track and i think the contractions got a little irregular for a while but didn’t take long to get back on track. I spoke with my midwife and agreed to have a VE when we arrived, mostly so she could give things a good stretch and sweep, and she asked if I wanted to know how dilated I was or not, which I decided to find out purely for curiosity sake, as I knew from my last labour that it didn’t mean to much and didn’t take it to heart. I was 3cm but very stretchy and low and she was quite pleased and agreed that being only 3cm meant nothing. She could also feel that my waters were still intact.

I plodded along for about an hour walking and leaning on DH through the contractions and using my TENS before I couldn’t get comfy between contractions which is my cue to go into the shower. The shower was great and gave me good relief between contractions and I think I was in there about an hour before I started to get pressure, had a couple of spews and things were getting pretty intense so to the bath we went.

When we got in the bath I started to have very strong contractions but they spaced out a bit which was lovely to get a little break. I was vomiting with basically every contraction, which although unpleasant, I expected from my previous births. I think I was in the bath for about 45 minutes until my body took over and that uncontrollable urge to push overtook me and I just kinda went with it, trying not to push but letting my body do what it needed. After a few pushes i moved the mirror and saw that I had most of a head on view but was really struggling with the burn so tried not to push. After a while his head was born, waters not broken yet, which was really annoying!! Another push and he was out to his waist and his waters finally went!! The next couple of pushes were just me pushing the water out and were so frustrating cos he wasn’t moving, but finally one more push and he was out at 10.23pm.

I went to pick him up and out but my midwife had to help as I hadn’t noticed but he had his cord wrapped around his neck a couple of times and quite tightly, which actually took her a while to untangle. When I finally could I pulled him up and out of the water, but he was in a little bit of shock thanks to his tight cord and I think he came out a bit quicker than he expected, so he was quite blue and floppy with an apgar of 4, so despite wanting to do delayed cord clamping and physiological 3rd stage like the other boys, my midwife clamped the cord, DH quickly cut it and they whisked baby to the resuscitair for some oxygen. DH freaked out a bit but I knew he would be fine I just wanted DH to follow him so sent him to watch over (it was just outside the door as it doesn’t fit in the bathroom) and he came back about 30 seconds later to say he was looking pink with a HR of 150 so I relaxed completely, another 30 seconds or so later they bought him back in and I got him back and didn’t let go! Thankfully it was only at most a couple of minutes apart but it certainly wasn’t completely what I wanted, but I know that things could have been much different and am actually quite thankful that his membranes hadn’t ruptured until so late as I think it protected him from any distress during labour, as his HR had always been spot on and was moving well until he was born.

Because the cord had already been clamped and cut, I had the syntocin injection before I made the difficult trip back to my room, placenta not delivered, cord and clamp hanging out, membranes sticking to my leg, but best of all, baby in my arms. Back in my room and on my bed, contractions started up again and I easily pushed out my placenta and it was all intact, minimal blood loss and all looked good. My midwife then checked and everything was intact, which meant that I have had 3 births and 3 intact perineums! (well I had a graze with the first, but no stitches).

We spent the next hour skin on skin, baby gazing, coming to terms with the fact we just had a baby and me talking DH through what happened as he was quite stressed from all the shock of it. After about half an hour DS3 latched on for his first feed which he popped on and off from over the next half an hour or so.

After about an hour of skin on skin, we nappied him up then I swapped with DH so I could have a shower as I was covered in meconium - thanks DS3 and it was heaven!! Came back to bed and soon after we got to weigh and measure him and he got his immunisations before having another feed. After another hour or so the paediatric reg came in for his baby check - which was actually someone I knew from work, so we spent a while chatting then DS3 passed his checks with flying colours. The midwife then went on to do all her paper work and all the rest of our obs and then finally when our 4 hours was up at 2.30am, we were ready to go.

All is going really well and DS3 has slotted right in. He’s feeding like a champ (and DS2 is loving having more milk and tandem feeding), sleeping reasonably well between mammoth cluster feeds and is being completely adored by his big brothers. They just sit and stroke his arms and legs and want to be around him constantly. I am feeling very complete with our 3 boys, but am also very aware that this time is going to go so fast, and this is my last baby so we need to cherish every moment.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

deku  (14-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (14-02-2016),Mad84  (14-02-2016),Mamasupial  (14-02-2016),MrsMummaButterfly  (14-02-2016),~Marigold~  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455430542.025427.jpg
    Ollie Thomas, born 11th February, 10.23pm, 4.08kg, 54cm long, 36cm head.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

deku  (14-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (14-02-2016),Mamasupial  (14-02-2016),MrsMummaButterfly  (14-02-2016),~Marigold~  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

deku  (14-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (14-02-2016),Mamasupial  (14-02-2016),MrsMummaButterfly  (14-02-2016),~Marigold~  (14-02-2016)