+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,698
    Thanks
    2,729
    Thanked
    4,034
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good luck @shani2! I had a s&s and my first contraction 4 hours later (having had no signs whatsoever that I was EVER going to go into labour) so I feel like it definitely kick started things for me.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

    shani2  (08-02-2016)

  3. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,790
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked
    1,485
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Consecutive stretch and sweeps are meant to be more effective than just 1.

    I had 6 over 2.5 weeks !! As I had GDM and had to birth by 40 weeks to have a homebirth

    Was 3-4cm dilated by the time I went into labour so was great for me

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueLips For This Useful Post:

    shani2  (08-02-2016)

  5. #23
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a S&S with my second baby; my waters broke less than 24 hours later. I was 39+7. Can't say for sure whether it worked or if it would have happened anyway. I'd say go for it, can't hurt!

  6. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,362
    Thanks
    532
    Thanked
    1,196
    Reviews
    9
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLips View Post
    Consecutive stretch and sweeps are meant to be more effective than just 1.

    I had 6 over 2.5 weeks !! As I had GDM and had to birth by 40 weeks to have a homebirth

    Was 3-4cm dilated by the time I went into labour so was great for me
    That was dedication!! Considering it's an hour each way to the birth centre, I don't think I'll be getting another one except for maybe on Friday when I'm already there for a ctg and uss. Here's hoping won't get to that tho!

  7. #25
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    741
    Thanks
    471
    Thanked
    307
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck hopefully labour is imminent!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

    shani2  (09-02-2016)

  9. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,286
    Thanks
    477
    Thanked
    597
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had 3 stretch and sweeps in the week leading up to ds2's birth. He was born about 12 hrs after my last one. I think it worked for me.

  10. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,362
    Thanks
    532
    Thanked
    1,196
    Reviews
    9
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well I've lost my mucous plug and had a bit of a show today. Previously I lost my plug about 12 hours before my waters broke both times so I'm really hoping it's not just leftover from the s&s as it was about 28 hrs after the s&s I noticed it.

    Here's hoping this baby comes, it's so stinking got here I don't think I'll be sleeping much tonight so I may as well have a baby!!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

    JR03  (09-02-2016)

  12. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,468
    Thanks
    575
    Thanked
    598
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    Well I've lost my mucous plug and had a bit of a show today. Previously I lost my plug about 12 hours before my waters broke both times so I'm really hoping it's not just leftover from the s&s as it was about 28 hrs after the s&s I noticed it.

    Here's hoping this baby comes, it's so stinking got here I don't think I'll be sleeping much tonight so I may as well have a baby!!
    Eeep! Good luck! I'll be sending labour vibes your way. Will you do anything to help Bub move down and in position?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

    shani2  (09-02-2016)

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,362
    Thanks
    532
    Thanked
    1,196
    Reviews
    9
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by My Beloved Ones View Post
    Eeep! Good luck! I'll be sending labour vibes your way. Will you do anything to help Bub move down and in position?
    Haha, thank you, it could all be wishful thinking but he has to come out at some point right?! And I'm now 40+4 and so this is my longest pregnancy so far 😁

    Well I'm bouncing on a fit ball, doing hip circles on the fitball and trying to stand and walk around the house as much as I can.

    He's been LOA for weeks so is in a good position in regards to that, just need him to drop down.

    Open to other suggestions of how to get him to engage further!!

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,646
    Thanks
    927
    Thanked
    2,891
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    Haha, thank you, it could all be wishful thinking but he has to come out at some point right?! And I'm now 40+4 and so this is my longest pregnancy so far 😁

    Well I'm bouncing on a fit ball, doing hip circles on the fitball and trying to stand and walk around the house as much as I can.

    He's been LOA for weeks so is in a good position in regards to that, just need him to drop down.

    Open to other suggestions of how to get him to engage further!!
    Give him a stern talking to. Tell him to stop playing games and swim to the tunnel so mummy, daddy and his big brothers can give him cuddles and kisses lol.

    ETA. You have boys don't you? Sorry if I got it wrong.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

    shani2  (09-02-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Stretch & Sweep Success Stories?
    By No3please in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-01-2016, 21:14
  2. Did a stretch and sweep help start labour?
    By cheekychook in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 26-08-2015, 09:00
  3. Bleeding after stretch and sweep
    By babyblu11 in forum Third Trimester Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2015, 13:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Hire For Baby Perth
New RETAIL store - Perth Hire For Baby Perth
Here at Hire for Baby, we offer a wide range of products from Child Restraints to Strollers, Stroller Accessories and Oricom Baby Monitors. Wholesale prices - till the stock ends. Buy from us and get the installation for FREE.
Like us on Facebook and get $10 OFF
featured supporter
Nest Private Maternity
Nest Private Maternity is committed to providing private pregnancy care at an affordable price. We’re upfront about our out-of-pocket costs, so you can confidently decide to have your baby with us.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!