+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know a lot of obs & midwives who swear by them....so I guess if u was considering natural ( not my style) then yep.... Guess it's a more scientific version of the old wife's take that sex helps.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisau77 For This Useful Post:

shani2  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ob gave me one when i was 40+4 i hadnt had any pre labour pains anything up to that point.
    When he did it he said DS was low and that he could feel his head at that point. 19hours later i had DS.

It was uncomfortable but i wouldnt say it hurt and i have 0 pain tollarance

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zachs mum For This Useful Post:

shani2  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had a S&s with both prior pregnancies. Both kick started contractions and had smooth labors with both. I'd do it again if I ever had any more babies was not painful at all for either.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowsandunicorns1 For This Useful Post:

shani2  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 2 with my 3rd. The first one didn't really do anything and I was dilated 3cm, the 2nd one 2 days later I had S&S in the morning and bub was born that night. I didn't find it uncomfortable or painful. I only went ahead with them because everything was favourable.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to numummy For This Useful Post:

shani2  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I had s+s for both my girls. My first was born 2 days after But I think that it contributed to a bit of difficulty at the start of my labour but she came out healthy and happy so can't really complain. My second I had so much pre labor for weeks and weeks it was awful and I eventually stopped all epo and raspberry leaf as was causing irritable cervix. I had s+s the day before I was due with her and ob said he could stretch me to 5cm would expect me to deliver that night. However she came a bit over 24 hrs later (2ish hour labour). I have no idea if they were effective in kick starting my labours and will never know if that encouraged things or not. However in your situation it is different as you laboured and delivered twice previously without any intervention so yeah tricky one! Have you tried curb walking that irritates the cervix which can get things moving also? Good luck!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

shani2  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2be4 View Post
    Yes I had s+s for both my girls. My first was born 2 days after But I think that it contributed to a bit of difficulty at the start of my labour but she came out healthy and happy so can't really complain. My second I had so much pre labor for weeks and weeks it was awful and I eventually stopped all epo and raspberry leaf as was causing irritable cervix. I had s+s the day before I was due with her and ob said he could stretch me to 5cm would expect me to deliver that night. However she came a bit over 24 hrs later (2ish hour labour). I have no idea if they were effective in kick starting my labours and will never know if that encouraged things or not. However in your situation it is different as you laboured and delivered twice previously without any intervention so yeah tricky one! Have you tried curb walking that irritates the cervix which can get things moving also? Good luck!
    Not curbs but we have stairs which I've gone up and down a fair bit. Being 40+ degrees forecast here all week I don't know if I'd make it to the curb 😁

I'm kind of leaning to being open to one but asking my midwife what she suggests.

More pre labour tonight, so over it, give me real labour anytime, but prelabour can eat a bag of ducks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    Not curbs but we have stairs which I've gone up and down a fair bit. Being 40+ degrees forecast here all week I don't know if I'd make it to the curb 😁

I'm kind of leaning to being open to one but asking my midwife what she suggests.

More pre labour tonight, so over it, give me real labour anytime, but prelabour can eat a bag of ducks.
    Couldn't agree more I remember sitting up trying to encourage it lol it never went anywhere.. Hope it means nice quick easy delivery for you. Try sitting on the toilet when you have pre labour with legs wide open get that head putting pressure on the cervix . Ahh won't be long now! Hoe exciting!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

shani2  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been bouncing on a fitball heaps (often with toddler sitting on top of my belly 😏) and trying to sit in butterfly position but it's hard as I had SPD and now everything has softened further so if I sit with legs wide I'm then in more pain when walking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't do much more than that! He will come when he's ready let us know how you go if you have the sweep!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

shani2  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Decided to go ahead. Don't know if it'll help things along, I think it's more a time thing, being my 3rd he keeps bobbing up and down. If he was to engage I think I'd go quite quick so trying to do plenty of walking.

I'm still happy to have had it done tho, didn't hurt at all and made me feel like I was doing something. She also said that although it'd be tricky, she thinks she could break my waters at a stretch if needed which would likely all I would need in way of an induction but we agreed that's all a hypothetical and we wouldn't do anything until 42 weeks and chances are that he'll get his own way out in the next few days. Here's hoping anyway!!!