+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dd was toilet trained at 2.5 and wore night nappies until over 5, she wasn't ready and then she decided she didn't want them anymore and was dry, 3 is still pretty young and well in the realms of night wetting, don't quote me but I read somewhere that the cessation of night wetting is hormonal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Another one with a big gap between day and night dry. DD was out of day nappies at 21month but night not til she was nearly 4. She tried no nappies a few times before then as she really wanted to "be a big girl" but her body just wasn't ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crt22 View Post
    Thank you for all of your comments and advice Here I was thinking she was behind, but it seems to be the norm

On that note, are there any 'cheaper' pull up pants recommended? We get huggies nappy pants......
    I had good success with the baby love nappy Pants, they are quite stretchy and my dd found them more comfortable than the huggies and they didn't leak for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd is 4 yrs 3 months and is tt for day but still in pull ups at night. I would never restrict her fluids especially as it's so hot where we live. She goes to the toilet just before bed at 7 then we have just started getting her up at 9 to go again. She does a big wee then goes straight back to sleep but when we wake her up she cries and is quite upset.. She settles down quickly but I'm wondering now if it's worth getting her up after reading all the responses? The only reason we started doing it was a friend recommended it. Has anyone else found this to work? Or should we just leave dd to get dry In her own time? I don't want to wake and upset her if there's no point..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dollypops View Post
    My dd is 4 yrs 3 months and is tt for day but still in pull ups at night. I would never restrict her fluids especially as it's so hot where we live. She goes to the toilet just before bed at 7 then we have just started getting her up at 9 to go again. She does a big wee then goes straight back to sleep but when we wake her up she cries and is quite upset.. She settles down quickly but I'm wondering now if it's worth getting her up after reading all the responses? The only reason we started doing it was a friend recommended it. Has anyone else found this to work? Or should we just leave dd to get dry In her own time? I don't want to wake and upset her if there's no point..

If waking your DD up is upsetting her, I wouldn't worry about waking her during the night, honestly. I think personally, she will grow out of it. My DD1 did, and most kids do.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thank you for all of your comments and advice Here I was thinking she was behind, but it seems to be the norm

On that note, are there any 'cheaper' pull up pants recommended? We get huggies nappy pants......
    Not cheaper but will hold more are the huggies dri-night pants.
    I think $9 a pack on special (which is every 2nd week if you keep an eye out). Packet lasts a week/10days.

For us $9 a week was loads cheaper than full time nappies and less stressful than changing sheets in the night and spending everyday washing sheets & remaking beds

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 yr old still in nappies at night time

It's a waiting game. Both of my kids TT'd easily in the day, but we had to wait for the night. DS was just 5 when he suddenly became dry. DD is 6 and we're still waiting.

Do you gave aldi where you live? DD uses the aldi pull ups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a four year old in night pull ups, he wants to wear jocks and did have a great run of dry nights (10 days I think!), but it turned out that he just wasn't needing to go those particular nights. He's back in nappies after a few accidents and we will try again once he's not wetting his nappies overnight. I'm not concerned at all and know he will be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Whilst our DD is toilet trained and is fine to wear undies during the day, when it comes to night times, we still need to have her in a nappy. In the mornings, her nappies are super wet.

Any tips on how we can cut down / convert her to not wearing a nappy to bed please would be much appreciated
    Hi, my advice. Let her become dry in her own time.

Day toilet training is quite different to night, its something u can't force, its when they are developmentally ready. I took the advice of just waiting till she started waking dry on her own, and once consistent for a week, put them in underwear. Our DD was 2.4 when day trained, but 4.5 when she was ready to hold through the night - she did it completely on her own, and was no stress for either of us. She wet once after that.

I honestly wouldn't stress at all!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

crt22  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and we just used the woolies brand nappy pants, but I've heard Aldi ones are excellent

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

crt22  (14-02-2016)