+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Frankly, I find it offensive (on so many levels) that boys over 6 are not permitted in the female toilets. something has gone seriously wrong with society if this is a rule...

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (10-02-2016),Californication  (08-02-2016),Carpe diem 2013  (08-02-2016),GrabbyCrabby  (07-02-2016),kim85  (10-02-2016),LoveLivesHere  (07-02-2016),Shells85  (08-02-2016),sunnyflower  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    At the pool DS does lessons at boys over 6 are not allowed in the female change rooms/toilets - my DS is 5 but looks 7 and gets filthy looks now when I take him to the toilet in there!
    I don't like that rule at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would change kids in car. No way I'm sending in to change room alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There are parents rooms at pools!?!?!?! Mind blown.

And there are age restrictions!?!?!

Mind blown again!

If I saw a male boy in the female changeroom I prob would not notice.

Wow. Anyway good to know these things. DS is 3 soon so need to know these things.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DSS gets filthy looks when I take him into female change rooms or toilets too.
    I just say snarkily, "if he touches you, he's underage and you'll be the one in trouble so I suggest you leave him be" and go about things.

He's 8 FFS!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default No Parenting Rooms at Swimming Centre

just for another view I have a 10 year old daughter who would be mortified if she had to change in front of a boy older than 6. She always changes in cubicles in case a boy comes in. And no she doesn't think he will do anything to her she's just at an age where she's very self aware. And I respect that. I have an almost 5 year old son so I see it from both sides.

I just wrap a towel around my son and he changes wherever. Or we all go home wet.
    Last edited by Sonja; 08-02-2016 at 12:28.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (08-02-2016),CMF  (10-02-2016),PomPoms  (08-02-2016),rosey82  (10-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids only started swimming lessons last week & I noticed a sign on the ladies change rooms saying boys over 6 (or 8 I can't remember, was 1 of them) aren't allowed in. Which I thought was a little weird but anyway.
    Luckily, they have little cubicles beside the pool which have shower curtain things around them where kids can get dressed in private.
    I for one would not be happy sending my 6 or 8 year old for that matter in the men's change rooms alone. Especially since reading that story on the Daily Mail last week where a 20 year old over in Austria sexually assaulted a 10 year old boy in the men's change rooms. There are so many disgusting, sick people out there I wouldn't be taking any chances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can see both sides. I totally wouldn't send a 6 year old alone to get changed but also I can see the point of a PP who said her 10 year old is self-conscious of changing in front of boys.
    I also had a weird incident where I was trying to get changed at the pool once, and a woman was in there with a boy aged maybe 8 or 9, and when he saw me come in to get changed he sat down on the seat next to where I had placed my things and had clear intentions of watching me get changed. I asked him to go back to his mother and stop being rude but he just grinned at me. The mother did nothing.
    Now I know he is only a young boy but it it was weird and it made me feel very self-conscious.

Our pool has the no boys over 6 rule for the ladies change rooms, and no girls over 6 in the men's change rooms. But they also have 2 "family" change rooms that are private and big enough for parents and kids to get changed together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ive never really noticed because i just bundle my kids in the car in their towels so they can shower & change at home - much easier then negotiating change rooms and wet & dry clothing etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way would i send my 6yo into the men's on his own. I would also never let him go and sit next to someone else changing! That's just weird. I keep my eyes to myself and am teaching the kids to do the same. I would hate for someone to feel uncomfortable because he is there, but I'm also not willing to risk his safety. We really only go to the pool for swimming lessons anyway, so it's mostly other kids in there.