+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My son was the same and prunes worked amazingly. I'd stew or steam a bag, blitz then freeze in a small ice cube tray and give him a few spoons every second day.

Even now at almost 3, he can be prone to constipation so I give him whole prunes "lollies!" And he'll happily eat a couple, fixes him up every time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just started BLW with DD last week. It worked very well with DS. DD is 6.5 months so far we've only had softened sweet potato, bsnana, avocado, bit of bread and peach. I'm looking forward to expanding on it this week with more protein. I'd love any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Scrambled egg , put little pieces on her tray, same with fresh salmon , flake into little bits or when she has better hand mouth coordination a lamb cutlet ( the handle is perfect for holding and they gum/suck the flesh)

At about 7 months I gave DS pasta, just wholemeal spaghetti and I put fresh ricotta and smashed cooked peas through it - it's messy but a great meal! Same with egg pancakes - literally 1 or 2 eggs mixed with whatever you have handy ( chopped tomato, mushrooms, chia seeds, fresh or dried herbs) then mix and fry in one of those tiny fry pans ( kmart has them for $2) and cut into strips - a really healthy protein packed breakfast or quick meal any time of the day

Try almond butter, egg, or cottage cheese on her toast for a healthy brekky with protein

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

babyla  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Scrambled egg , put little pieces on her tray, same with fresh salmon , flake into little bits or when she has better hand mouth coordination a lamb cutlet ( the handle is perfect for holding and they gum/suck the flesh)

At about 7 months I gave DS pasta, just wholemeal spaghetti and I put fresh ricotta and smashed cooked peas through it - it's messy but a great meal! Same with egg pancakes - literally 1 or 2 eggs mixed with whatever you have handy ( chopped tomato, mushrooms, chia seeds, fresh or dried herbs) then mix and fry in one of those tiny fry pans ( kmart has them for $2) and cut into strips - a really healthy protein packed breakfast or quick meal any time of the day

Try almond butter, egg, or cottage cheese on her toast for a healthy brekky with protein
    Fabulous! Thanks EM!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For protein I also used to offer DS2 just a spoonful of almond butter (or other nut butter). He would spend forever sucking on it, working at it with tongue to get it off. As a 3 year old he will still ask for a spoonful sometimes 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default BLW - constipation and general advice pls!!

All sound amazing but DD got a huge rash on her mouth from scrambled egg the other day. Many people say don't give egg before 8mths or even a year?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    All sound amazing but DD got a huge rash on her mouth from scrambled egg the other day. Many people say don't give egg before 8mths or even a year?
    Under the old recommendations egg wasn't to be given before 12 months now it's everything but honey from 6 months - unless there's a known family history of allergies.

That said if your DD has had a reaction to egg then I would hold off and see GP about testing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default BLW - constipation and general advice pls!!

Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    No that's a big misconception Everything except honey ( until 12 months is fine)

As pp said if you think she is having as reaction then see your gp

These are the most recent guidelines that came out in 2014 :

AAP and the eFsA also concluded that there is no reason to delay the introduction of foods to prevent allergies, including nuts

the introduction of solid foods at around 6 months should start with iron-containing foods, including iron-enriched infant cereals, pureed meat, poultry and fish (all sources of haem iron), or cooked tofu and legumes. Vegetables, fruits, and dairy products such as full-fat yoghurt, cheese and custard can then be added.

other than recommending the use of iron-rich first foods, there are no recommendations on the order in which foods should be introduced or the number of new foods that can be introduced at a time. slow introduction of solid foods is not necessary.

nutrient content is the most important factor including adequate amounts of iron and zinc, fat, protein, vitamins and other essential minerals. Introduced foods should be of high nutrient density and include a variety of foods from each of the five food groups.

https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/_files_nhmr...guidelines.pdf

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No that's a big misconception Everything except honey ( until 12 months is fine)

As pp said if you think she is having as reaction then see your gp

These are the most recent guidelines that came out in 2014 :

AAP and the eFsA also concluded that there is no reason to delay the introduction of foods to prevent allergies, including nuts

the introduction of solid foods at around 6 months should start with iron-containing foods, including iron-enriched infant cereals, pureed meat, poultry and fish (all sources of haem iron), or cooked tofu and legumes. Vegetables, fruits, and dairy products such as full-fat yoghurt, cheese and custard can then be added.

other than recommending the use of iron-rich first foods, there are no recommendations on the order in which foods should be introduced or the number of new foods that can be introduced at a time. slow introduction of solid foods is not necessary.

nutrient content is the most important factor including adequate amounts of iron and zinc, fat, protein, vitamins and other essential minerals. Introduced foods should be of high nutrient density and include a variety of foods from each of the five food groups.

https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/_files_nhmr...guidelines.pdf
    Thanks for the info. It's those guidelines and the BLW book which I followed tho, hence her having egg at 7mths.. Gutted she's had a reaction to it πŸ˜₯I'll chat to the GP.

In the interim I'll google Vegan finger foods.

Quick update..laying off the teething rusks and plenty of water cleared her out.. Yay!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (09-02-2016)