+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC 14 months...OPK HELP!

Hi Ladies,
    First time posting a thread, long time reader! My DH and I have been TTC for 14months now we are in our late 20's and healthy. We had a relatively relaxed approach for the first 6 months, we then experienced a CP on month 7 which threw me out for 2 months but we are now back on the band wagon and going at it like never before (pun intended) . We visited a FS about 3 months ago and 'everything' came back normal, he wanted to go down the IVF track but we aren't ready for that and believe we can achieve this on our own! I started using OPK's last month and noticed I had quite a surge around CD21 of a 28 day cycle, which made me wonder if I was O'ing quite late in the month with a short luteal phase all this time. So I decided to start on Vitex this month (2000mg a day) and noticed a OPK surge on CD13 (yay) but it was never darker than the control line. 6 days later I have had a consistent temp increase of .4. So It seems as though I ovulated around CD13 based on my temps but nothing else correlates. My CM was watery, my fern microscope didn't show anything so I am so confused. I'm sorry for the novel! But would love to know if anyone else has experienced this?
    Last edited by Chloemaree; 07-02-2016 at 08:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Have you had bloods to confirm ovulation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not this month.. But when we visited our FS he confirmed that I am ovulating but he never specifically looked at when.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Yep I'd ask to do a couple of monitored cycles of vitex or clomid with blood tests to confirm ovulation. Also, how often are you doing the OPK's? You may need to test twice a day incase you have been doing only once a day and missing the spike.
    Also, how often are you DTD? Just keep going every second day from when AF ends till it starts again so regardless of when you ovulate, you've got a chance :-)
    Last edited by bel2466; 07-02-2016 at 08:33.

Thanks
    Reviews

Okay that's a great idea, I was thinking of asking for a few monitored cycles ☺️ I do OPK's twice a day, on Fmu and one around 4-5pm. I hold my bladder from around 1pm every day so it's as concentrated as possible.

We aim to DTD every other day. But we don't get into a routine until about CD7-10 onwards but might have to really try every other day from AF next cycle. It's going to be a busy month!
    Last edited by Chloemaree; 07-02-2016 at 08:40.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloemaree For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (07-02-2016)