+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovarian Cyst?

I'm going to try and see a doctor this week but I was curious when you have an ovarian cyst WHERE exactly is the pain located? Everywhere I've searched just says lower abdo pain but I've been having pain near my right hip bone like an inch in from it and it radiates out through my lower back. It doesn't hurt all the time, but it's been quite bad today and tonight. It's like a sharp ache if that makes sense, it feels like I've been stabbed and punched hard in the same spot. I feel bloated ALL the time, I barely eat and when I do I can only eat a child serving before I'm full. Pain when I have BM which doesn't happen all the time maybe 4-5 times per year but it feels like there's a knife inside me when it happens

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, pain close to my hip (about an inch away towards the middle and deep (so not acutely sensitive to being pushed in the area). It can trigger a period-like pain but mine always just caused mostly one-sided pain (well, when I had cysts rupture on both sides within a short period of time it was 2-sided rather than whole lower abdomen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with @Stretched, I've had numerous corpus luteum cysts and like a stabbing ache near one hip/on one ovary, very intense cramping and pain if a large one ruptures and the appetite issues can be due to the constant cramping and overworking of the muscles interfering with digestion. It's rubbish, I hope it passes for you and isn't a common occurrence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does sound like pain from an ovary/ ovarian cyst but please keep your Dr appointment to rule out anything more sinister xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep.. I was in hospital just a couple days ago for this exact reason. I'm 29 weeks pregnant. I knew the cyst was there but was told it was completely harmless and would not pose problem or threat. I woke up one day with just an ache there, through my back, right side kidney area around my side and down around my hip and ovary area.. This progressed to a stabbing pain that night and I called a dr who said it sounded like a muscle pull or UTI, told me to take some painkillers and try a heat pack.. That helped and I managed to get some sleep. The next day pain was gone. But the day after it was debilitating, I couldn't move, constant stabbing deep through my right ovary and hip area.. I admit I don't have the highest pain threshold in the world but this was bad.. I went to my dr and she sent me through to hospital with concern of a placenta tear.. After hours of blood tests and ultrasounds they told me it's the baby pushing on my ovary and in turn pushing on the cyst (about 6x4x4cm now) and that is the pain I'm feeling.. They gave me a script for some stronger painkillers and sent me home..
    But, I'm not a dr. If you have concerns please go and see one..
    Bits..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Saw doc today. He's sending me for full blood count, preg test and urinalysis. He said it could be implantation, ovary pain, bladder infection, bowel issues or ectopic pregnancy. Another appt on Friday and he should have my results

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope all goes well and it's nothing really serious.. 😊

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovarian Cyst?

Any news @CluckyChook xxx