+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We usually miss routine things (swimming lessons etc) if they clash with a birthday party, even if the kid isn't a close friend. I know every one is different, but I would be inwardly peeved if someone passed up an invite to my child's party to attend something they do every week.

I try to get my kids to attend every party they get invited to just because I know how anxious I get on my kids behalf when sending out invitations and worrying that no one will come.

So I can see why she'd be a bit shirty about that but not the playdate thing. They're no big deal so they just have to be fit in amongst everything else you have on.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (06-02-2016),HollyGolightly81  (07-02-2016),MissSparkles  (08-02-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you asked your son if he would like to go to this boys birthday party? Maybe he would actually like to go and miss out on Cubs for one afternoon?
    As for the fb, if you don't want to unfriend her, unfollow her and limit her on your own newsfeed so you don't have to put up with the petty posts! She will probably get the hint and eventually delete you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Ooh I had a thought, seeing as all four of her children have various special needs, maybe mum does to?
    Her pushiness could be a result of special needs - I know for women, asperges, ASD, ADHD, ADD all present in really different ways.
    Just maybe another angle.
    This exactly, you worded it and I couldn't think of how. My DS has a friend who has learning issues and wow is his mum pushy. I then learnt she has the same issues as her son and it kind of clicked that she doesn't do it to be rude, it's just her way that she has probably got through life with to overcome her issues. He's a nice kid and whilst they have a very different lifestyle to us, my DS and he have become great friends and after time with her one on one I found her someone I liked too. Don't always like the way things unfold but it's not about me, it's about the kids friendship.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I guess now that you've declined the party invitation and she's having digs at you on facebook, perhaps your issue has now resolved itself?

The play date invites stopped for a bit before you got this party invite, so I'd say this might have been the mum's last attempt to keep the boys playing together.

Whilst I understand from personal experience that friendships are hard to establish when your child has additional needs, I don't think it's cool for her to target you with nasty facebook posts.

I would wait and see, but chances are she won't bother asking again.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (07-02-2016),Phony  (07-02-2016),Zoomer  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't worry too much. It's not the ideal way for the situation to have turned out for you I'm sure but it sounds like it's pretty much done and dusted. Regardless of other people's situations and how sad or difficult they might be, that's not your fault. Look after yourself and your boys and do what you think is best, it's not up to you to solve this woman's problems. You've already gone out of your way!

As far as the Facebook snarks, totally ridiculous! At least unfollow her if you think unfriending is unnecessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If her fb posts bother you so much, block her and she won't see you or your profile at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Have you asked your son if he would like to go to this boys birthday party? Maybe he would actually like to go and miss out on Cubs for one afternoon?
    ^^this

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CluckyChook For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    , I don't think it's cool for her to target you with nasty facebook posts.

Maybe the posts aren't about the OP? Maybe the mum has they things going on in her life and the posts are a reference to that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Maybe the posts aren't about the OP? Maybe the mum has they things going on in her life and the posts are a reference to that?
    This is possible, however the OP seems pretty sure it's directed at her. Sometimes you just know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    OP what's an example of a post?

If it were something like 'sick of people pretending they're my friend, then they turn around and ignore my son and decline play dates'. Maybe it is about you but if it's just something like feeling really sad for my DS Right now and it was shortly after you declined I can see how you would think its about you but it could just as easily have meant something completely unrelated.