Closed Thread
Page 87 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by tanty View Post
    just thought id say hi!

Had a DS 2 years ago and now trying for number 2. Was just taking pre conception multi vit, and my last cycle all 6 arrested on day three. So I need to up my supplements to help with egg quality? What does everyone recomend?
    Hi tanty and welcome to the thread......

I'm a Wazza Girl and here's the list we were on. Some of the other Lovelies who are with him now can update it for you if needs be

I'm so sorry to hear about your last Cycle Luv...that must have been devastating for you the supplements help you both (take them for a *minimum* of 3 months if possible, the longer the better) next Cycle.

For Her: Folic Acid (Megafol brand usually over the counter at the chemist) 1x5mg tab a day, Berroca 1x day (I substituted a Mega B capsule instead), Fish Oil 1000mg's a day, Zinc- 40mg's a day, Vitamin E 500mg's (1000iu) a day, Co-Enzyme Q10 200-400mg's a day (I did 300 mg's a day), Low dose aspirin 100mg's a day, DHEA 3x25mg caps a day, Melatonin 1x5mg capsule at night. I also added Vit D as I was low in it and Fresh Royal Jelly (1/2tsp a day) but you could take it capsule form too.

For Him: Aloe Vera Juice 20mls at night, Zinc 40mg's, Pumpkin seeds >10 per day (I just gave DP 1 tbs of peppita's every day), Folic Acid 5mg's a day, Goji berries 1xtbs a day or 20 mls a day of Goji berry juice, Selenium 100mcg/day.

You can take all of these right up until EPU (except the DHEA, you have to decrease to 1 capsule a day from Day 2 of stimms until EPU). You also need a script for the DHEA/Melatonin here in Aus and have it made up at a Compounding Chemist.

Some of the Girls here on BH buy it online from o/seas. I think they use sites like iherb to purchase it??

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-02-2016),Precious40  (17-02-2016),winsor  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    A little something to get you all through the afternoon ladies

Attachment 78511

It is an Apple and Vanilla Cake. And there is a hidden layer of custard inside!

I swear, I have missed my true calling. Master Chef, here I come....

That looks delish Luv!!

You really should be doing some money making enterprise with these baking skills of yours!!

I keep telling you to go flog them down the local farmers market!!!!!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-02-2016),Precious40  (17-02-2016),Summer  (17-02-2016),winsor  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yumm @Blossom74, I could go a piece of that cake right now! looks amazing & I'm sure it tastes the same

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-02-2016),Precious40  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sounds like a good step forwards @Charlie74. I hope she has some ideas for you. that's great you'll speak to her face to face. I had provera at the start of my long down reg cycles. then af (as expected) then started the meds. maybe they'll put you on a long down regulated cycle? (was this what you were on previously)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2016),Blossom74  (17-02-2016),Charlie74  (17-02-2016),Precious40  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Little update from me..

So I'm to stop estrogen, and take Provera 10mg for 10 days to start my period. I don't know much about it, never be on it before.
    And LB wants to see me face to face. Which worries me a teeny bit.. As in 'oh geez why? What does she want to say to me??' ������
    But that's my usual pessimistic side coming thru.
    I haven't seen her since July so it's probably a good idea anyway. And I can at least go in with a list of things I want to ask her about. I've got an appt next Tuesday AM. Am nervous about what she'll tell me but will hope that it's to discuss some new options for my lining.
    @Charlie74, I think the Provera will act in a similar way to the Primolut that I have been taking. They have different active ingredients but from what I can tell, they serve the same purpose.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2016),Precious40  (18-02-2016),winsor  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought that I'd just have to stop the progesterone pessaries & estrogen and my period would come on its own? But maybe not. I've never done this before so I have no clue and nothing to compare it with. I wonder if we'd transferred but gotten a BFN would I still have had to have the Provera to bring on AF?

I don't reckon the transfer would have affected anything love. I reckon they might be more concerned that with a thinned lining there would be nothing to shed, and therefore you might not be able to identify a CD1 accurately.

You know how when you're on The Pill, you don't get a 'proper period?' Instead, you get what is called a 'break-through bleed'. Break-through bleeds are quite heavy (like what you would have had when you were young) so CD1 will be easily identified.

I think that's why you have been prescribed the Provera.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2016),Charlie74  (17-02-2016),Precious40  (18-02-2016),winsor  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the stupid question hon.. But is the purpose being simply to bring on ur period? Is that why ur on primolut?

Spot on I had tiny follies and we didn't know how long it would be before I had a natural bleed. So this way, they can bring it on, and they can time it to suit their schedule

ETA: By the way, that is not a stupid question hon. I am the Queen of stupid questions - I should know!!!
    Last edited by Blossom74; 17-02-2016 at 17:21.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2016),Charlie74  (17-02-2016),Precious40  (18-02-2016),winsor  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I've only ever done 2 short cycles. With EPU on cd 14 both times. Normally without IVF I've got regular 27 day cycles and pretty much always ovulate dead on cd14.

I thought that I'd just have to stop the progesterone pessaries & estrogen and my period would come on its own? But maybe not. I've never done this before so I have no clue and nothing to compare it with. I wonder if we'd transferred but gotten a BFN would I still have had to have the Provera to bring on AF?

I'm not 100% sure, but for my cycles, when I've stopped
    the progesterone (crinone) (or even pregnyl/hcg), af arrives 2-3 days later on the failed cycles. for the cp cycle af was about a week late I think. so maybe they're just wanting to control the timing of it this time. I'm not sure

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2016),Charlie74  (17-02-2016),Precious40  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone

@BlondeinBrisvegas I hope you are recovering well and the vomitron has spun its way right out of your house now! Sounds like a very nasty one, I feel for you, nothing worse, especially when you have to do fifty million loads of washing when all you want to do is lay down and moan. Wishing you all a good recovery from here

@winsor I don't think I've said how happy and excited I am that your numbers are looking so awesome! Such a relief for it to all be on track and looking good.

@Charlie74 I think it's great that you're having a face to face appointment to go through it all - I'm sure you'll get some answers and a strategy to move forward. In Chinese medicine circles pelvic congestion is a "thing", and they have specific herbs for it, so maybe see a Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner to get some herbs to go along with your next cycle? Can't hurt and won't interfere with anything.

@Precious40 I don't blame you for feeling so lost and awful, it is such a difficult thing to go through and with the surgery and such a long time of not knowing what was going on... Take the time you need to grieve and find some balance again. It takes time.

@Tahli I'm sorry to hear you've been so sick with that medicine, that's really difficult. Hope it passes soon and you are able to tolerate it better. Not what you need right now.

I know I've missed a few people, sorry, I'll catch up when I can!

AFM I saw my new FS today to get a plan for a cycle - I think I must be the only woman in the world who had Wazza as her FS for several cycles and has decided to go elsewhere!

I had a huge list of questions and he was SO nice and patient and had good humour, I really liked him. He said there is no cut-off for Medicare at 45 years old so my urgent time pressure just went - but obviously at this age there's not a lot of point doing a lot of cycles, so he's happy to do one with me and see what happens, but wouldn't keep pushing it if I don't respond at all. Which is what I want anyway.

The first thing is that he wants a Hysteroscopy so that he can make sure my oven is OK. I've had lots of ultrasounds and all looks good, but he wants to test for endometritis and he will do an NK cells biopsy as well. He also does a flush of the tubes etc so I'm happy with that. Whether I do OE or DE I still need to make sure my oven is fine. We think it is because I've had no trouble implanting, my lining is usually around 1.1mm, and also three out of four miscarriages needed D&Cs as I didn't physically miscarry - but he just wants to make sure, which is good. It's under GA thank goodness!

Then he wants to do a cycle using Elonva and topping up with Puregon as needed probably 200iu. Then depending on results, Orgalutran and trigger, but I will have to find out about the things like topping up FSH at 2pm when triggering that night, and double triggers... But I'll deal with that if and when we get to that stage of having enough follies to bother.

He is also supportive of aspirin, prednisone and progesterone, doesn't think I need Clexane, but will if I want to do it. Recommended 600mg of CoQ10 (I've been taking 300mg for a couple of months so will increase it) but otherwise doesn't think I need anything else.

So I was trying to fit in a cycle in March, but because my cycle was mucked up and delayed by two weeks, it doesn't fit all nicely in between my travel now, so he said not to worry about, get the Hysteroscopy in during March if I can, and then we can do a cycle in April when I don't have anything on. My birthday is in April, so that's why I felt such urgency to get on with it, but he's happy to do a cycle with me after age 45 so that's a relief. I can take my time now.

He still thinks it's a long shot, but he did say that some women respond well to low doses and also to Elonva and I've tried the high doses with no result, so who knows? For me, it is about putting my mind at rest so I can move to DE and know that I've left no stone unturned in my quest for a biological child. At least when I look back, I can say I tried everything.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (18-02-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2016),Blossom74  (19-02-2016),Charlie74  (17-02-2016),Precious40  (18-02-2016),tuxcat  (17-02-2016),winsor  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks @Summer wow that's great your new FS is doing more OE 45+. both of mine said 45 was the limit? I just assumed it was the same everywhere. I have a good feeling about your april cycle!! a great birthday present and a relief to be able to keep going & not rush. good luck!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2016),Blossom74  (19-02-2016),Precious40  (18-02-2016),Summer  (17-02-2016)