Closed Thread
Page 86 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    don't worry @Charlie74, you're not taking over the thread. I hope your FS has some ideas & explanations for you. I hope you can start again soon too. put on some ambient music today to try calm you down?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2016),Blossom74  (17-02-2016),Precious40  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    The main point that stood out for me is what it says about stress causing some kind of tightening of the blood vessels. One of my very first u/s done at a women's hospital here in melbourne, I still remember that it said something about 'pelvic congestion'. I questioned it but was led to believe it was of no real consequence. Yesterday the u/s woman also pointed out something to the nurse she was teaching and asked me if I'd had children.. I said no.. She said it was some kind of blood vessels that you usually see in women who've already had kids. I was also told recently that my left ovary sits behind my uterus.

Quite a lot of my time in my previous 18yr relationship was spent stressed out, anxious, unhappy. The last few years very much so. I was so anxious I had to go to a psychologist. The past 2 years I've been much better & happier. But maybe the damage has been done?????

Regarding stress being a contributing factor....

When I first started this IVF journey my Doctor told me that stress produced a hormone which counteracts the body's desire to get pregnant. He said it can prevent implantation and also contribute towards miscarriage. Now, he is a fairly well regarded Doctor, so it is something I do think about from time to time.

I know I bang on about the power of positive thinking A LOT. But when I think back to my two transfers (one fresh and one frozen) I really do hold some merit in that. With my fresh transfer the lab staff told me (as they were putting my emby back in) that 'Well, you know the odds here aren't great" When I pointed out that surely my chance was as good as anyone else's they simply said "Don't be getting your hopes up." That whole 2WW I was constantly checking for blood, and feeling like it was never going to work - and sure enough, it didn't.

With the second transfer, there were different lab staff on. One came in and excitedly told me that my emby was thawing out beautifully and I was 'In with a good chance with this one." I looked at the poster in the room of a baby and really felt that it was going to work for me. When I left the room I thought "I'm pregnant!" The 2WW passed quickly, and I got my BFP 6dp5dt.

Granted, that pregnancy didn't last the distance, but one thing stood out for me - the cycle in which I was less stressed resulted in my BFP. So I do hold great faith in the adage of being as positive as possible, and in putting our worries out to the universe. I feel like the more accepting we are of our predestined 'fate', the more open we are to receiving gifts when the time is right.

I sound crazy, I know. But sometimes I think if we just 'unclench' things might run a little smoother for us, and the journey might not be as emotionally crippling as it sometimes is. At the end of the day, I think less stress = healthier (and more fertile) body.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2016),Precious40  (17-02-2016),winsor  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli, sorry to hear your drugs are making you sick. I hope the worst of it is over for you hon. Likewise, @BIB, I'm glad your LO has turned the corner and you can see light at the end of the tunnel.

AFM, I just took my last Primolut tablet this morning, so now I wait for AF to make an appearance. I have to start bleeding before Sunday in order to start injecting on Monday. Eeeeekkkkk! The pressure!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2016),Chiefsgirl  (18-02-2016),Precious40  (17-02-2016),winsor  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck @Blossom. I hope everything works to schedule

I think there is something about the stress too. I felt more stressed other cycles than this one. I think it was due to having almost 2 months off and just working on uni assignments (small stress, but good stress). I'd pretty much resigned myself that we were pretty much done but wanted to give the frostie a go as it had been waiting a while. I was thinking uni/making things was going to be the next 20years plan-b. I think the no meds leading up (apart from progesterone support post transfer) helped keep me calmer too. and I've just felt this overwhelming happy feeling since friday (before first poas) which was unusual (I thought it was due to new work project falling into place but maybe both). so whilst it didn't help grow the frostie at the time (was *very* stressed then with work) perhaps it helped with implantation. not sure. it certainly didn't hurt though. I don't want it to sound like those people who say 'just relax and it'll happen when you least expect it' but ...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2016),Blossom74  (17-02-2016),Charlie74  (17-02-2016),Precious40  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    good luck @Blossom. I hope everything works to schedule

I think there is something about the stress too. I felt more stressed other cycles than this one. I think it was due to having almost 2 months off and just working on uni assignments (small stress, but good stress). I'd pretty much resigned myself that we were pretty much done but wanted to give the frostie a go as it had been waiting a while. I was thinking uni/making things was going to be the next 20years plan-b. I think the no meds leading up (apart from progesterone support post transfer) helped keep me calmer too. and I've just felt this overwhelming happy feeling since friday (before first poas) which was unusual (I thought it was due to new work project falling into place but maybe both). so whilst it didn't help grow the frostie at the time (was *very* stressed then with work) perhaps it helped with implantation. not sure. it certainly didn't hurt though. I don't want it to sound like those people who say 'just relax and it'll happen when you least expect it' but ...

Yeah, I'm certainly not saying that it is the solution to all our problems, but I think stress reduction, in conjunction with a good diet and regular exercise has to be beneficial with regards to our fertility.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Yeah, I'm certainly not saying that it is the solution to all our problems, but I think stress reduction, in conjunction with a good diet and regular exercise has to be beneficial with regards to our fertility.

yes agree. it's just one part in the large, complicated puzzle

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2016),Blossom74  (17-02-2016),Precious40  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    just thought id say hi!

Had a DS 2 years ago and now trying for number 2. Was just taking pre conception multi vit, and my last cycle all 6 arrested on day three. So I need to up my supplements to help with egg quality? What does everyone recomend?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tanty For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-02-2016),Precious40  (18-02-2016),winsor  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tanty View Post
    just thought id say hi! Had a DS 2 years ago and now trying for number 2. Was just taking pre conception multi vit, and my last cycle all 6 arrested on day three. So I need to up my supplements to help with egg quality? What does everyone recomend?
    Hi Tanty, and welcome to the group! I'm so sorry to hear of your poor result last cycle. Here's hoping the next one yields better results. I don't use a lot of meds myself, but I've recently started DHEA which I believe can improve egg quality. You can get it prescribed by your GP and then it is prepared at a compounding clinic. The other lovelies on the thread might have some other ideas for you too. Hope you enjoy your time here hon, it's a really supportive group

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome @tanty. I'm on elevit, vitamin d (as I was low) and I have had coq10 (ubiquinol not the one ending in 'one') though I haven't been taking it since doing fresh cycles. good luck with number 2!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    A little something to get you all through the afternoon ladies

Apple cake 2.jpg

It is an Apple and Vanilla Cake. And there is a hidden layer of custard inside!

I swear, I have missed my true calling. Master Chef, here I come....

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (17-02-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2016),Bongley  (17-02-2016),Caesardust  (17-02-2016),Charlie74  (17-02-2016),Corbes  (17-02-2016),midnite01  (17-02-2016),Precious40  (17-02-2016),Summer  (17-02-2016),winsor  (17-02-2016)