Closed Thread
Page 70 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 1011
  1. #691
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Avalon, NSW
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    8,828
    Thanked
    3,770
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I understand the principal behind altruistic surrogates and donors but I think the reality is that doing either of these things warrants (in my mind anway) more than token reimbursement. Going through an IVF cycle for someone else is pretty amazing stuff. Going through a pregnancy just blows my mind. I would hate it to become a "I'm just doing it for the money" thing but maybe a bit of moula might help some ladies thinking about it to say "Yes, this is now practical for me to go ahead with". Bug**er the men though. Having a w@nk is worth nothing in my book.

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-02-2016),Blossom74  (13-02-2016),Bongley  (13-02-2016),Precious40  (13-02-2016),Summer  (13-02-2016),tuxcat  (14-02-2016),winsor  (13-02-2016)

  3. #692
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    2,686
    Thanked
    3,365
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    I understand the principal behind altruistic surrogates and donors but I think the reality is that doing either of these things warrants (in my mind anway) more than token reimbursement. Going through an IVF cycle for someone else is pretty amazing stuff. Going through a pregnancy just blows my mind. I would hate it to become a "I'm just doing it for the money" thing but maybe a bit of moula might help some ladies thinking about it to say "Yes, this is now practical for me to go ahead with". Bug**er the men though. Having a w@nk is worth nothing in my book.
    That's why we were happy going to the US, they get paid an amount as well as being reimbursed for their time and travel. It made the cost higher (especially than SA) but we were happy to pay that, especially when we got the result we did!

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-02-2016),Blossom74  (13-02-2016),faithandhopellove  (13-02-2016),Precious40  (13-02-2016),Summer  (14-02-2016),winsor  (13-02-2016)

  5. #693
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,498
    Thanks
    27,369
    Thanked
    13,856
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all, I'm back. And I see I've been invited to a threesome with @Bongley and some gorgeous looking donuts. The day gets better and better!

    So, we picked up my little table and it's just perfect. And for $15 - well, you can't go wrong, can you?

    We had lunch out at the local bakery, had a look through all the shops, bought a lovely raspberry and white chocolate muffin to take home for later and picked up some bits and pieces at Aldi, saving us $ off our weekly grocery bill.

    On the way home we stopped for an ice-cream - and I got one which was Snickers flavoured! OMG is was good.

    So happy days! Except DH is now walking around the house talking about having sex. I presume he means with me. Sigh. I really can't be fagged....

  6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-02-2016),Bongley  (13-02-2016),Charlie74  (13-02-2016),Chiefsgirl  (13-02-2016),Gagingi  (13-02-2016),midnite01  (13-02-2016),Precious40  (13-02-2016),Summer  (14-02-2016),tuxcat  (13-02-2016),winsor  (13-02-2016)

  7. #694
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Hi all, I'm back. And I see I've been invited to a threesome with @Bongley and some gorgeous looking donuts. The day gets better and better!

    So, we picked up my little table and it's just perfect. And for $15 - well, you can't go wrong, can you?

    We had lunch out at the local bakery, had a look through all the shops, bought a lovely raspberry and white chocolate muffin to take home for later and picked up some bits and pieces at Aldi, saving us $ off our weekly grocery bill.

    On the way home we stopped for an ice-cream - and I got one which was Snickers flavoured! OMG is was good.

    So happy days! Except DH is now walking around the house talking about having sex. I presume he means with me. Sigh. I really can't be fagged....
    Lol poor DH 😁

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-02-2016),Blossom74  (13-02-2016),Precious40  (13-02-2016),Summer  (14-02-2016),tuxcat  (14-02-2016),winsor  (13-02-2016)

  9. #695
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    20,901
    Thanked
    8,069
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    A Lindt ball????
    yes, that's the one! thanks, had a mind blank

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-02-2016),Blossom74  (13-02-2016),Precious40  (13-02-2016),Summer  (14-02-2016)

  11. #696
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,670
    Thanks
    1,518
    Thanked
    5,771
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Blossom74 so are you planning on putting him out of his misery tonight?

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-02-2016),Blossom74  (13-02-2016),Precious40  (13-02-2016),Summer  (14-02-2016)

  13. #697
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    496
    Thanks
    8,836
    Thanked
    1,574
    Reviews
    0
    @Caesardust. I'm soo sorry it turned out to be a BFN xxx. Be kind to yourself and hubby xx I hope your FS has some valuable words for you and just not the sorry it's just a numbers game xx Are you changing clinics in April? If so, it still would be nice to know what they old clinic are going to do for you

    I'm not a sweets girl. More of a savoury girl.

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Precious40 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-02-2016),Blossom74  (13-02-2016),Caesardust  (13-02-2016),Summer  (14-02-2016),winsor  (13-02-2016)

  15. #698
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,498
    Thanks
    27,369
    Thanked
    13,856
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    @Blossom74 so are you planning on putting him out of his misery tonight?

    *Blossom kicks shoes in the dust* I suppose I'll have to.

    It's been a week and with tomorrow being Valentines Day and all....

    I've been trying to get in the habit of at least once a week. Last week he bribed me with a massage. Perhaps I should drop a hint for another of those!

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-02-2016),Precious40  (13-02-2016),Summer  (14-02-2016),winsor  (13-02-2016)

  17. #699
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,670
    Thanks
    1,518
    Thanked
    5,771
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha make it a valentines day special.

  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-02-2016),Blossom74  (13-02-2016),Charlie74  (14-02-2016),Precious40  (13-02-2016),Summer  (14-02-2016),winsor  (13-02-2016)

  19. #700
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    8,605
    Thanks
    35,292
    Thanked
    19,726
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    *Blossom kicks shoes in the dust* I suppose I'll have to.

    It's been a week and with tomorrow being Valentines Day and all....

    I've been trying to get in the habit of at least once a week. Last week he bribed me with a massage. Perhaps I should drop a hint for another of those!
    Bahahaha!!! You sound like my older sister earlier Luv!!!

    She was saying her other half was "sniffing around her for sex" & she couldn't be a r s e d despite him sending her flowers for V-Day!!!

    Told her to just get it over with so he'd leave her alone for another however long!!!😉😁

    You might as well make it worth your while r.e the massage😊👍

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

    Blossom74  (13-02-2016),Precious40  (13-02-2016),Summer  (14-02-2016),tuxcat  (14-02-2016),winsor  (13-02-2016)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
KindyROO
KindyROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. Classes are available at three Brisbane and two Gold Coast locations. Enrol today & help your child to reach their full potential. Visit the website to find out more.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!