Closed Thread
Page 55 of 102 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 1011
  1. #541
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,110
    Thanks
    3,600
    Thanked
    4,651
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Charlie74 I'm so relieved to hear your lining is at the 7 mark and you'll be a ok for the transfer. Well done!
    @Tahli great to hear you're on your way. Hoping this is it for you.
    @greenlady I'm so sorry to read your news. That must've have floored you proper and I reckon that is just so devastating. I hope you are ok and feel the cloud lift and can decide clearly how to move forward.

    Afm after asking for progesterone support after transfer from my nurse a couple of times and being told it wasn't necessary because on my stim cycles with crinone it was always super high I requested a progesterone test in the tww even though it's not procedure. I was tested yesterday at 8:30am and the level was 7.7. So extremely low and the nurse said today it was strange the pregnyl was not helping and that I hadn't bled yet. I can feel af coming I think though. I can't help but feel I threw everything at this cycle by also getting the intralipids on top of all the other immune stuff, struggled with my lining and my clinic has just let me down again. The nurse said having more progesterone can't hurt so go home tonight and pop a couple in. So why the heck didn't she agree to let me do that after transfer then? I feel a huge ball of rage in my tummy and a sadness that is just so immense. Plus a huge amount of frustration for letting myself get my hopes up again. I had actually started dreaming of twins and the end of ttc for good. Now I'm back at square one so I'm feeling just so broken now.

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-02-2016),Blossom74  (11-02-2016),faithandhopellove  (11-02-2016),Precious40  (11-02-2016),Summer  (11-02-2016),Tahli  (11-02-2016),winsor  (11-02-2016)

  3. #542
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,498
    Thanks
    27,347
    Thanked
    13,855
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    thanks Blossom & Summer. glad the maths has worked out in our favour for a change

    Blossom pm me a postal address and I'll send you your prize

    I was just kidding hon I like to play the guessing game, I'm not chasing your chocolate. Plenty of that around here

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-02-2016),Precious40  (11-02-2016),Summer  (11-02-2016),winsor  (11-02-2016)

  5. #543
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,498
    Thanks
    27,347
    Thanked
    13,855
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    I think I'll see my FS next week if I can and talk to him about the microlut for seven days and then see about a new cycle - the timing would fit in-between travel through March, so that could definitely work. I'll have to find out the exact costs and talk to DH - it might not be that much as I've never gotten to EPU before as I just don't make more than one follicle, but I feel like I have to have one more go before I turn 45.

    I think it's a fantastic idea for you to have one more crack at your OE hon At the moment all I pay is the cost of medications (roughly $100) and unless I get a scan where there are a couple of follies and we decide to push ahead to EPU I don't pay anything more. I don't know how many times I get to do that - I suppose it's up to my FS at the end of the day - but you don't have anything to lose in doing a stim cycle and seeing how it goes. If there are follies there, even better! It would be worth spending a few thousand and giving it one last shot.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-02-2016),Precious40  (11-02-2016),Summer  (11-02-2016)

  7. #544
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,498
    Thanks
    27,347
    Thanked
    13,855
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    Afm after asking for progesterone support after transfer from my nurse a couple of times and being told it wasn't necessary because on my stim cycles with crinone it was always super high I requested a progesterone test in the tww even though it's not procedure. I was tested yesterday at 8:30am and the level was 7.7. So extremely low and the nurse said today it was strange the pregnyl was not helping and that I hadn't bled yet. I can feel af coming I think though. I can't help but feel I threw everything at this cycle by also getting the intralipids on top of all the other immune stuff, struggled with my lining and my clinic has just let me down again. The nurse said having more progesterone can't hurt so go home tonight and pop a couple in. So why the heck didn't she agree to let me do that after transfer then? I feel a huge ball of rage in my tummy and a sadness that is just so immense. Plus a huge amount of frustration for letting myself get my hopes up again. I had actually started dreaming of twins and the end of ttc for good. Now I'm back at square one so I'm feeling just so broken now.

    I'm so sorry hon. I wish I had the words to help you feel better, but sometimes it just comes down to life being bl00dy unfair. Sending you massive hugs

    Also sending hugs to you @Green lady. I really do think you should give those two frosties a chance though - I have a feeling it may be worth a crack.

    @Precious40, how are you doing hon? Did your surgery go ok?

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-02-2016),Caesardust  (11-02-2016),Precious40  (11-02-2016),Summer  (11-02-2016),winsor  (11-02-2016)

  9. #545
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,405
    Thanks
    12,316
    Thanked
    5,022
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    @Charlie74 I'm so relieved to hear your lining is at the 7 mark and you'll be a ok for the transfer. Well done!
    @Tahli great to hear you're on your way. Hoping this is it for you.
    @greenlady I'm so sorry to read your news. That must've have floored you proper and I reckon that is just so devastating. I hope you are ok and feel the cloud lift and can decide clearly how to move forward.

    Afm after asking for progesterone support after transfer from my nurse a couple of times and being told it wasn't necessary because on my stim cycles with crinone it was always super high I requested a progesterone test in the tww even though it's not procedure. I was tested yesterday at 8:30am and the level was 7.7. So extremely low and the nurse said today it was strange the pregnyl was not helping and that I hadn't bled yet. I can feel af coming I think though. I can't help but feel I threw everything at this cycle by also getting the intralipids on top of all the other immune stuff, struggled with my lining and my clinic has just let me down again. The nurse said having more progesterone can't hurt so go home tonight and pop a couple in. So why the heck didn't she agree to let me do that after transfer then? I feel a huge ball of rage in my tummy and a sadness that is just so immense. Plus a huge amount of frustration for letting myself get my hopes up again. I had actually started dreaming of twins and the end of ttc for good. Now I'm back at square one so I'm feeling just so broken now.
    Oh hon that is so difficult to see your progesterone so low and knowing that you asked about extra support and they didn't let you take any after transfer. Surely if it doesn't hurt then why not? Then do a blood test and if you are really high, then cut it down a little? Wouldn't that make more sense than not having it and then waiting until it's too late to start it?

    Honestly, after doing everything you've done it is so heartbreaking. I don't think these clinics have any idea of what we really go through. I understand that grief and rage - with my last pregnancy I had no idea of all the stuff that I now know that can help to prevent a miscarriage, and I was 3w4d with a positive test crying my eyes out in the FS rooms begging for something to try and help prevent me losing that baby. His answer was "You know your age, you know the statistics" and he threw me out of his office.

    If only I had known I could do activated folate, aspirin, clexane and prednisone, I would have been on them like a shot and who knows? Maybe I would have saved that baby. I've not been pregnant since so I've never had the chance to know if that would have worked or not. Even now I have so much rage over how I was treated that day, and I wish I'd known what I know now. The thing is that we shouldn't have to - our FS's are supposed to be the experts and we're the patients. Honestly, the negligence and lack of insight they show at times is diabolical. I changed to Wazza then and he threw the kitchen sink at me, but unfortunately no pregnancy...

    I still have everything crossed for you that it's not too late and you get your BFP tomorrow.
    Last edited by Summer; 11-02-2016 at 17:12.

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-02-2016),Blossom74  (12-02-2016),Caesardust  (11-02-2016),Precious40  (11-02-2016),Tahli  (11-02-2016),winsor  (11-02-2016)

  11. #546
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,405
    Thanks
    12,316
    Thanked
    5,022
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    I think it's a fantastic idea for you to have one more crack at your OE hon At the moment all I pay is the cost of medications (roughly $100) and unless I get a scan where there are a couple of follies and we decide to push ahead to EPU I don't pay anything more. I don't know how many times I get to do that - I suppose it's up to my FS at the end of the day - but you don't have anything to lose in doing a stim cycle and seeing how it goes. If there are follies there, even better! It would be worth spending a few thousand and giving it one last shot.
    Yep, my previous FS (Wazza) let me do that four times, although three times we knew reasonably early it wasn't working and only once I had to cancel theatre the day before, but no costs involved other than meds. I think it's worth a go and if we get to 3 or 4 follies I'll whack the charges on a credit card if it means going ahead to EPU! I'm thinking that's the plan for March and possibly April.

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-02-2016),Blossom74  (12-02-2016),Precious40  (11-02-2016),Tahli  (11-02-2016),winsor  (11-02-2016)

  13. #547
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,219
    Thanks
    1,563
    Thanked
    6,880
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Tahli duct tape 😂Or cable ties are always good for almost anything @winsor woo hoo those numbers are great. Congratulations you are officially pregnant. xo Move aside Michelle Bridge you are old news we have our very own winsor. Take it easy relax and enjoy it but make sure you do a 10k jog plus 199.5 squats and 356 push ups every day from here on in and tell the whole world your doing it. @ cesaredust I am sorry Hun, big huge hugs I know it is hard. We are all here with you on this one, the waiting and the what ifs just suck. Never ever blame yourself though just ask for more testing if your unsure of anything. @greenlady I missed you earlier but I wanted to let you know I am sorry about your PGD results. Hopefully frosty is the key. My last one transferred was my best sticking result but my worst graded so all the ones before it were meant to be better. Not PDG though just graded through the scientists.

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-02-2016),Blossom74  (12-02-2016),Precious40  (11-02-2016),Summer  (11-02-2016),Tahli  (11-02-2016),winsor  (11-02-2016)

  15. #548
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,098
    Thanks
    7,209
    Thanked
    13,550
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Flipping heck @Caesardust. If you want to pop around to my house I can give you a shot of Gestone too (genuine offer).

  16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-02-2016),Blossom74  (12-02-2016),Caesardust  (11-02-2016),Charlie74  (11-02-2016),Precious40  (11-02-2016),Summer  (11-02-2016),winsor  (11-02-2016)

  17. #549
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    20,901
    Thanked
    8,068
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    oh @Caesardust, that's heartbreaking. I'm so sorry that it had to happen to you. they should realise that every cycle is different hugs

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-02-2016),Blossom74  (12-02-2016),Caesardust  (11-02-2016),Precious40  (11-02-2016),Summer  (11-02-2016)

  19. #550
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    20,901
    Thanked
    8,068
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ha @Maxwellsmum, not sure how I feel about being compared to MB! just thinking about all that exercise makes me cringe. but I'll take it if we end up with the same result as her.

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-02-2016),Blossom74  (12-02-2016),Gagingi  (12-02-2016),Precious40  (11-02-2016),Summer  (11-02-2016)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Cryosite Family Cord Blood & Tissue Bank
Cryosite has been providing Cord Blood Banking services for over 12 years, and is the trusted choice of Australian families. To discuss the benefits of banking your baby's cord blood & tissue stem cells call us on 1800 220 410.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!