+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tablets for kids recommendations?

We are thinking of buying a tablet just for kids educational games etc so nothing else and I'm after recommendations? We haven't ever owned one and would prefer android if possible. Any suggestions? And would should I look for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A, with a 9.7 inch screen. It's been knocked to the ground from a reasonable height several times, and the screen is still in tact (no scratches or breaks). I don't know much about tablets myself, but that one works well for my needs (Facebook, email, and a few games).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We have a I pad and a few Samsungs. The iPad we use for younger ones as I could get a good tough case for it. I prefer Samsung for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    We have a I pad and a few Samsungs. The iPad we use for younger ones as I could get a good tough case for it. I prefer Samsung for me.
    Slightly OT but what case did you find best for the ipad?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Slightly OT but what case did you find best for the ipad?
    It's a survivor one. It has a hard screen cover as well as hard case with padding over it. The hard screen cover has scratched over the years but the iPad is in perfect nick. It has been thrown across room etc..
    At first I bought a life proof but I wasn't happy with it. It had no cover over screen.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

twinklify  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD1 has a Samsung tablet. I think it's good, does the job for what she wants. I initially bought it for myself a few years ago, but I bought DD2 a second hand Ipod from Cash Converters (I refuse to buy brand top brands new while they are still kids) so I gave DD1 the tablet.

When they were a bit younger I bought them a 10" generic brand tablet each from KMART and to be honest, they were sh!t, played up after a couple of months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a leappad epic it's great

Thanks
    Reviews
    i would go samsung over ipad, buy a lifeproof case (80$ on ebay, it will be your best friend)

we have an ipad, I hate it, wish we had gone samsung, ipad is ment to be 16 gb, 11 or 12 or some **** is taken up with non removable crap

hakuna matata is online now The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We had this issue when looking for a tablet for DS. We decided to get an iPad mini as he wouldn't outgrow it too quickly like with a leap pad etc. 2 years on and still used all the time and in perfect condition.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought a Samsung tablet and a cover for it from ebay. Samsung store has a free kids mode app you can download for free. Had it for over a year now and its been great. We had a cheap one from big w previously and it was constantly slow and needing to be reset and games downloaded again.