+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with PP.. It happens more than most realise, it's just not talked about or brought up.. I genuinely hope it become legal..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BitsHead View Post
    I agree with assisted suicide.. I say it this way to really make the point that it's not illegal to commit suicide, but when your old and so sick that you literally can not do it yourself why should anyone else have the right to turn that away from you? I also agree that it should not only be an option for terminally ill people, I think that people suffering with chronic depression who have exhausted all other options should be able to choose.. If it is made legal in the right way, where all other options are run to the ends and there is no reasonable percentage that things will get better people should be able to decide.. I'd rather have a great short life than live to a 'ripe old age' where I'm just bored of the world, there's nothing else for me to do, and just fade away into nothing..
    On the other notes, death penalty, I also agree with, however only in very specific circumstances..
    Abortion, I do not agree with... Unless in the case of rape or incest... If a young woman is just uneducated or just doesn't care I believe she should not have the right to an abortion. If she cannot look after the baby there are plenty of people around the world who cannot have children and want to adopt...
    The topic you discuss in your second half, I also have issues with (I promise I won't go deeper mods ) but at the end of the day, bodily autonomy is just that. I personally dislike stretchings, I think they look awful, but the person getting them has that choice bc it's their body. We don't have to like it or agree with it, we just accept it's out of our hands.

I genuinely don't understand why anyone would be against it. If a 40 year old woman who is assessed as being able to make the decision and has terminal ovarian cancer - why would anyone take the option of a painless death on her terms from her? Yes there are grey areas, but life is grey. It's her body and no one else's. Why anyone would prefer she die two months down the track, in agony, having lost all control of her body is beyond me?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (06-02-2016),HearMeRoar  (06-02-2016),sajimum  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    As above . Could you kill someone? It's all well and good to discuss it on a forum , another to actually do it.
    Probably not, but that's why I would never choose that profession. There are many nurses and drs who would. Bc they see it as not 'killing someone' but allowing a person some peace from the pain. A decision the patient makes of their own free will.

I was more trying to understand your objection to euthanasia. Why don't you agree with it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Because I just don't . I think that society is gearing more and more to killing as a way of dealing with problems . I believe in God and he states in the 10 commandments that thou shalt not kill. So I wouldn't kill any human being for any reason. It's obviously a lot more complicated than that and I understand that I don't have a popular view but it's my opinion.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (06-02-2016),SuperGranny  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Because I just don't . I think that society is gearing more and more to killing as a way of dealing with problems . I believe in God and he states in the 10 commandments that thou shalt not kill. So I wouldn't kill any human being for any reason. It's obviously a lot more complicated than that and I understand that I don't have a popular view but it's my opinion.
    Fair enough, thanks for clarifying. Obviously I really disagree but you are entitled to that opinion just as I am mine.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Terry Pratchett did an excellent documentary on Euthanasia & went to countries where they could do it & met people who were terminally ill or disabled where they'd only deteriorate. People who were travelling to these countries because they had decided to end their lives.

It was an incredibly sad, yet moving & interesting documentary.
    It ends with you bearing witness to one of these people going to the 'house' with his wife to end his life.
    He had to take the medication himself I believe, no Dr administrated anything.

In answer to the op question. Yes, although I know it's a very grey area, I agree with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes. I am probably not in the right mindframe to get into it too much but I believe that noone should have to suffer a slow/painful death.

I watched my grandfather slowly die from dementia. In the end he was just an empty skeleton. His mind/soul/being was gone and it was just a body left.

I KNOW if he had a choice he would not choose to go in that way.

And for those of us left behind it is so hard to remember only the 'good times' - when he was vibrant. When he was full of life, joy, love, laughter.

Sorry for the ramble.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes ! After watching my mum suffer definitely! She fought hard for 30 months ... the last few weeks were horrible ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    I thought they did exist though. Didn't Dr Nitschke invent something?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthan...hanasia_device
    It sounds like Kevorkian and Nitschke invented a couple each. But they certainly are not in main****** production, and they definitely do not exist in Melbourne hospitals. (Unless they are hidden in the basement, no-one knows they are there, and they are never used. Doesn't seem likely).

A lethal injection is very straightforward and easily accessed; it just has to be potassium. But there's no way in hell I am ever giving anyone such an injection.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    It sounds like Kevorkian and Nitschke invented a couple each. But they certainly are not in main****** production, and they definitely do not exist in Melbourne hospitals. (Unless they are hidden in the basement, no-one knows they are there, and they are never used. Doesn't seem likely).

A lethal injection is very straightforward and easily accessed; it just has to be potassium. But there's no way in hell I am ever giving anyone such an injection.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Oh I wasn't suggesting that any hospitals actually had them tucked away somewhere and that anyone actually used them. Just that devices had been invented.