+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5 weeks pregnant, cramping - normal?

Hi all I am 5 weeks 2 days with my second pregnancy. I have some cramping in the pelvic region both sides, different side pain each day, no bleeding though - is this normal?
    I am freaked out now as my GP said if I get cramping it could be an ectopic pregnancy, however I thought I would need bleeding along with it, is this correct? Thanks :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me it's definitely normal. Do you have endometriosis at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can be totally normal. If you are at all concerned, get checked out, particularly if its located on one side rather than all over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Depends how bad it is. I had cramping with this pregnancy but I also had cramping with my mc. Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SandGroper View Post
    For me it's definitely normal. Do you have endometriosis at all?
    No endo, hoping is normal as on both sides...maybe feeling it cause also have a 3.5 year old making me carry him lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had lots of random pains, I put it down to sore ovaries post Ivf but then a friend got pregnant , she was 8w behind me ( natural preg) and described pretty much all the same signs. But yep can be sinister, mc or later on if u have a retroverted uterus there's a chance it chance obstruct bladder, I suddenly couldn't pee at 12w.....catheterised and then all slipped back into place !

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pregnant with my first.. I'm 28 weeks now but in early pregnancy between about 5-12 weeks I had some uncomfortable cramps.. Nothing really painful and was reassured by my dr it was completely normal.. 😊
    However, as a warning, a follical cyst was found on my right ovary during my dating scan (5 weeks) completely harmless and 95% of all women get them... It's from an egg not dropping and the sac not absorbing back into the body.. Anyway, I was reassured it was nothing to worry about and everything in my pregnancy has been perfectly perfect until yesterday.. I woke up very early with really sharp debilitating pain in my right side, back and front, around my kidney and ovary area.. I went into my GP as an emergency and she sent me to the hospital worried it was a tear in the placenta.. There was no bleeding or anything, just the pain.. After a few hours, Blood tests and ultrasounds they sent me home saying it is the pressure of the baby pushing on my ovary and in turn, the cyst (approx 6x4x4cm).. They gave my some painkillers and that's that...
    Things can go bad so quickly so please never take any chances..

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't have any bleeding with my ectopic. The doctor shouldn't be giving you false information like that, it's dangerous. Not all ectopics have bleeding as a symptom.
    I had constant, dull (very bearable) pain and a distinct heavy feeling from the start of my pregnancy that resulted in an ectopic and put it down to normal stretching etc. (In the two days leading up to my tube rupture the pain grew significantly and was very intense when it actually burst, I was on all fours crying in agony) It can be normal but can also be a sign of something more sinister. The only way of knowing is to request an early scan. I wish I'd done so.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 06-02-2016 at 20:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had crampimg all the way thru my first tri - 35+4 now.
    I believe it's normal.
    U should be able to go for your dating scan in another week or two and they will check then. Of course if the pain is severe go straight to hospital so they can check for ectopic.