+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default At what age did your bub find their own pattern?

Baby number 3 is 9 weeks old. And I cannot remember what age my other two found their own initial pattern of having three naps a day....morning, afternoon and cat nap before bed. She's still usually sleeping in short blocks and waking (or being woken!) after a short time and needing to get back to sleep again quickly as she's still tired. I can't predict her sleep at all.

I know she's still very young, and I'm not one for needing to get into a routine straight away, ive always let my babies find their own pattern....but it would be useful to know at what age your bub developed their own routine. Because I feel like I spend most of my day getting her to sleep!

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Default At what age did your bub find their own pattern?

Subbing. Dd2 is 14 weeks and we are still not in a solid routine and I can't remember anything about the baby months lol.

I recall at 6 months it was substantially easier as dd1 wasn't catnapping any more and at 8 months we dropped to 2 naps and our routine was solid.

Eta: it doesn't make it easy though with a toddler.... Wanting things when you're trying to put bubs down, waking them up lol
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 05-02-2016 at 19:56.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My baby number 3 is 12 weeks old and is kind of in a rhythm. He goes down for the night between 6 and 7 and tends to wake for the day between 6 and 7 in the morning. He does a long stint (5 hrs or so) at the start of the night and then wakes every couple of hrs after that.

Days are a little more unpredictable given that he is the third. I put him down for his first nap about an hr after he wakes and he sleeps for about an hr. The rest of the day is all over the place as school drop offs/pick ups make it hard.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds is almost 6 months and I'm still not seeing any pattern to his sleeps. It doesn't help that I have to wake him up for dd's kindy drop off and pick ups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LMS- yep! Always when I'm trying to get her to sleep my other two want something. So bub keeps being woken! It takes several attempts to actually put her down to sleep..She normally wakes as soon as her head touches the bassinet!

Barnaby, oh a bedtime would be nice! I have to carry her around while trying to get my other two to bed. She dozes in my arms a lot. Makes it very hard to get them to bed! She's not settling for the night until about 8:30-9:30. We co sleep as it's just the easiest way for me to get some sleep! She wakes every couple of hours for a feed. And yes the school run is hard when she's over tired and really needs to stay home and sleep!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby number 3 is now 5mths and having 3 naps a dat

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I took DS to sleep school and established a routine at 15/16 weeks. He was a horrible sleeper from the start. They wanted 2 hours sleep and 2 awake at that age but he never did sleep that long; ever. So I tweaked it to follow his natural nap time of 1.5 hours and 2 awake. Sorry, I know this was not about finding his own rhythm but I don't know that my DS ever would have. So I gently helped him find it and it worked well for him.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first found her routine at 8w when her collic settled and zhe sstarted sleeping through (only ever 3x15-20min naps at that age).

My 2nd took way longer and I think having to fit around his school age big sister's routine was part of the problem. It was around 16w but he would have 4 naps most days (poor night sleeper ).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 around 8 weeks he was sleeping 10-6 overnight and 3 naps of between 1-2 hours during the day.

DS2 never. At 3 he still falls asleep and wakes at completely random times.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (06-02-2016)