+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Extreme body mods

ok I've got one for you!
    I was just watching one of the many documentaries that have been on ABC lately, about extreme body modifications and excessive tattoos, has anyone else been watching these? What do you think?
    Is it a form of body dysmorphic disorder? When they talk about it like an addiction or compulsion or that they literally "can't stop themselves from getting another tattoo/piercing/plastic surgery", it does sound rather like they have a psychological disorder.
    One guy seemed quite upset and even surprised that he was having trouble getting a job which I thought was a big silly, if your entire face is covered in tattoos of course people are going to be a bit wary and be reluctant to hire you. Or am I being totally discriminatory to think that?
    There was another guy (maybe the same one?) who got his full body done years after being married and having children, his loyal wife was not happy...

Of course people should be free to do whatever the hell they want to their own bodies, but where's the line? Is there a line?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think people can get addicted to anything. I also think people should be allowed to do whatever they want with their bodies if it's not harming their health. But they also need to be able to take the consequences of that. If you tattoo your face you need to be aware that you will have trouble finding a job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    there are MANY mods I would do if they were socially acceptable in work places,
    Alas I am an adult and I need to work to survive so I have to embrace socially okay ones

Thanks
    Reviews
    the line is where legal and illegal meet, where it goes from fun to potentially dangerous or damaging to others,
    Aside from that, no, no line.

If Id have found someone to do it before I had kids I'd have tried suspension, subdermal implants and scarification,

none of these are risks I am willing to take being the sole parent of two small children