+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Hair Advice please.

Hello to all parents.

I have a daughter born 1 month and 1 week premie. My question is mulitfold.

If you had a child who is premie does their hair grow fast or slow?

My child hair is wispy and different lengths as we have not cut it because its so slow growing. 4 and half years old no hair cuts and only reaching just just below her shoulders. She also has wispy fine bits that haven't grown much past one inch. So it makes it hard to do hair.

Every hair band, clips, bobby pins, Head band falls out!!!

Has anyone found anything that works in fine, slippery hair?

Has anyone found anything that helps with hair growth?

I have tried salmon, avocado, eaten. As well as avocado as a hair mask.
    Coconut oil hair mask etc.

I used to be on a quest for long fast thick growing hair. Right now Im on a quest to get the short bits closer to going into a pony tail for school.

I am excellent at doing hair, I can do all styles in thick hair but its a challenge in my daughters hair.. Severely!!

Thanks in advance
    Wiccan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can't respond to the rest of it but for hair ties/elastic that stay in I use loom bands.

I often have to actually cut them out but seeing as there are a million of them lying around the house that doesn't really phase me!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat13 For This Useful Post:

Wiccan  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't think there's much you can do to make her hair grow other then what you are already doing. As long as she is eating enough fats it will grow as it's destined!

Hair tie wise I use models prefer brand from Priceline. Sometimes I have to wear two elastics but only when running. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1454667470.410106.jpg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

Wiccan  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My god daughter (not premmie) has really fine hair that has taken forever to grow. It couldn't be put in a ponytail when she started school. She's 11 now. She can wear it up but it's only medium length - maybe a few inches past her shoulders. She gets it trimmed regularly (from about 4 years) which has really helped with its shape and how it sits. Her hair is still really slow to grow. I actually can't ever imagine it being really long! She eats really well and is super healthy - just has fine, wispy hair. So my answer is I don't think there's a whole lot you can do except find someone who can cut it really well as it evens out.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

Wiccan  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would start trimming her hair. I find doing small trims regularly really helps with thickening up and growing. DD2 hair has finally grown passed her shoulders, took until she was 6. DD4's hair has only just started growing and thickening now, again only after getting trims, she's 4 in 2 weeks. My other 2 daughters are the complete opposite, the lightest thickest hair going around.

As for the frizzy bits, I've found using the green and white garnier frizz cream works great to hold the frizz, loose bits back and tying the hair with a loom band helps to keep it up and back.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Wiccan  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the slowest internet around adsl 1. Was about to give up for tonight to reply, but I had to persevere as you lovely ladies have responded. I will get trims when her hair is near the middle of her back. If I get it cut it will spring up in curls. I'm happy the curls are getting straighter as it grows cause she was worried about looking like a boy before.

I will ill try the hair bands and spray suggestions. Thank you will keep you up dated on how it goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS was prem and his hair has always grown really quickly!

He has a great head of hair (comes from my dad's side of the family).

Thanks
    Reviews
    You need to give the hair a trim to get rid of split ends etc. This will help promote hair growth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Use those small ekadtic bands all the kids were using for those loop band things. They can't pull them out and they don't fall out. You need to cut them out but they are so cheap it doesn't matter. used them for DD until she was about 6 and still do occasionally. her hair is so fine.