+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, mine generally go to after school care. They do enjoy some down time with their mates there. I would like them to have more time at home but oosh is great. Would you consider perhaps one afternoon session a week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After chores, mine are free to do as they like at home while I start dinner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Swimming once a week, soccer once a week, the other 3 days either tv, iPad, Xbox or just bumming around playing with toys. We don't limit screen time. Unfortunately we don't have a garden for outside play.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Come home, eat, bum around, watch tv and play video games. General relax and debrief from their day at school. Occasionally a bit of homework, or a play date with a friend.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We don't have much on in the afternoons- DS has just started Kung Fu but apart from that we generally stay and play in the school playground or another playground till around 4.30-5.30 and then once we're home they can have screen time till dinner at 6. We seem to be the opposite of many and have little to no screen time on the weekends- weeknights they're frazzled and tired (so am i) and after work I have a million chores to do. Weekends are a far slower pace and the kids have more time and energy to really get into a game or activity. I do find that week afternoons are best either out running around or just vegging out. I think trying to do chores with kids mooching around in the afternoon is never going to work, I know mine are far too ratty at that time to tolerate me doing anything that wasn't catering to their every whim- unless they're glued to screens

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default What do your school age kids do after school??

I work 3 days a week so my kids go to after school care.

On Thursdays we stay and play in the playground for a bit then we go home and have a snack. Then my daughter does hip hop at 5. My son will start footy training soon on a Thursday at 5 as well. On Fridays we play in the playground or go to a park.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 05-02-2016 at 18:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a school age kid now!

Monday's - he goes to mums while I go back to work so he hangs out at her place until 6.30
    Tuesday's- little athletics straight after school until 4pm then home by 4.30 and just chills out at home
    Wednesday- swimming - home by 5
    Thursday- DH picks him up and they usually go for a quick bike ride or play or hang out at home
    Friday's - family dinner night , his cousins come over at 4.30 and stay for dinner