Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    31st december is right conception date

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

K010212  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And when I count back 40 weeks from given due date it brings me to 21 December... but the gestation period is only 38 weeks therefore doesn't this mean that the date she has given me indicates a conception of 2 weeks after 21st December? Otherwise I would technically have been given a 42 week gestation period.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, I really appreciate this. I believe it has to be but the doctor has me doubting everything. Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by K010212 View Post
    Because technically if this was from 27th November I would have had to have ovulated almost 4 weeks after conception and by then the sperm would have died?
    If you have a very regular cycle, when was the starting date of your last period? That should give a good indication of when you ovulated. Did you have a period in mid-December?
    It sounds like you don't need to worry about the November date at all, it all adds up to an ovulation and conception around the end of December

6. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

K010212  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't be sure as Im doubting myself so much but I do seem to remember having one not long before christmas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The "40 weeks" of pregnancy include those first two between your last period and the conception (so before you were actually pregnant). So your due date should be 38 weeks after Dec 31st.
    Dates from scans can be off by a couple of days at this stage too. Or conception can happen a few days after having sex, so you might not have conceived until early January which would also throw things out by a few days.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

K010212  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh right, so 38 weeks counted back from my given due date of 26th September is 4th January which is definitely most likely from having sex on 31st/1st!!! And 2 weeks before this is 21st December which is the date my doctor is counting from which MUST be 2 weeks pre-conception unless she is telling me that I am going to have a 42 week pregnancy when everyone else has 40 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by K010212 View Post
    I can't be sure as Im doubting myself so much but I do seem to remember having one not long before christmas!
    Cool, everything checks out

12. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

K010212  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your reassurance deku, stressing is no good for me or the baby! You have been a great help. xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to K010212 For This Useful Post:

deku  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Oh right. My mistake. What I said didn't really make sense then. I don't know where I pulled it from. Can I blame lack of sleep heh
    After a woman starts her period on cycle day 1 (CD1) the egg is developing in the follicle for roughly two weeks while the uterine lining is shed then built up again. Then the egg is ovulated/released from the follicle (they say around CD14 but this varies a lot, my natural ovulation was CD18-28), fertilisation happens within 12 hours (or the egg dies) then it takes about another 5 to 10 days to develop into a embryo (blastocyst) as it travels through the fallopian tube and implants in the uterus. Then another 5 or so days for the HCG to get into the blood****** and you can see it on a pee stickIt's quite complicated really. I've been through a billion rounds of IVF so I know each step in intimate detail My last embryo that was transferred they showed me on the screen after it had developed for 5 days, it was just a little bunch of cells raring to implant. About 6 days later I got a positive on a pregnancy test. So at my 7 week scan I knew to the day how old he was. They still added two weeks to the date. Rambling sorry
    Last edited by Bongley; 05-02-2016 at 13:04.