+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 35 of 35
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,154
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    707
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I saw something once, and I don't remember where (it was years ago) and so I don't know how much truth there is to it. However, apparently some science joint dos a big scale allergy test on x amount of kids from the US and x amount of kids from some tribal villages where kids were drinking river water and eating food from tree or wild beasts they killed. Apparently the difference in results was not even close. The tribal children had almost zero allergies where as the US results were really high.
    Again, not sure where I read it or how truthful, but I found it interesting and I can see some merit in it.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (05-02-2016)

  3. #32
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,867
    Thanks
    5,072
    Thanked
    4,449
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I saw something once, and I don't remember where (it was years ago) and so I don't know how much truth there is to it. However, apparently some science joint dos a big scale allergy test on x amount of kids from the US and x amount of kids from some tribal villages where kids were drinking river water and eating food from tree or wild beasts they killed. Apparently the difference in results was not even close. The tribal children had almost zero allergies where as the US results were really high.
    Again, not sure where I read it or how truthful, but I found it interesting and I can see some merit in it.
    What do you conclude from that? More exposure to common germs and bugs or less consumption of processed foods? Or both? Or something else?

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,188
    Thanks
    483
    Thanked
    1,050
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I saw something once, and I don't remember where (it was years ago) and so I don't know how much truth there is to it. However, apparently some science joint dos a big scale allergy test on x amount of kids from the US and x amount of kids from some tribal villages where kids were drinking river water and eating food from tree or wild beasts they killed. Apparently the difference in results was not even close. The tribal children had almost zero allergies where as the US results were really high.
    Again, not sure where I read it or how truthful, but I found it interesting and I can see some merit in it.
    Well those tribal children who hadn't died as infants, died of preventable diseases, been killed by wild animals or had other accidents had less allergies. Overall I would hazard a guess the tribal kids had a higher mortality rate.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

    KitiK  (06-02-2016)

  6. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,154
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    707
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    What do you conclude from that? More exposure to common germs and bugs or less consumption of processed foods? Or both? Or something else?
    A bit of both I suppose. I wish I knew where I found it. I just thought it was an interesting take on allergies.
    Of my 4 kids only one has an allergy. My 18 month old breaks out in a rash and vomits if given Nurofen (actually he may not be anymore, I threw all my Nurofen out because I don't want to take a chance).
    I was allergic to citrus as a kid, very rashy. It went away by the time I was about 5, but when I was pregnant with my 2nd, I developed an allergy to pineapple (not sure if the pregnancy is related, it may just be the timing) and over the course of a year it went from a slight tingle, to swollen mouth and throat. Nowadays, I can't even eat fruit that has touched pineapple as my tongue will start swelling. Allergies perplex me some.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (05-02-2016)

  8. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,154
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    707
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    Well those tribal children who hadn't died as infants, died of preventable diseases, been killed by wild animals or had other accidents had less allergies. Overall I would hazard a guess the tribal kids had a higher mortality rate.
    I don't doubt that, it was just the allergy side of it that intrigued me.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Low/no sugar food ideas
    By sallybea in forum General Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-09-2015, 20:04
  2. How do you get tested for food intolerances/allergies?
    By SpicyTurtle in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 31-05-2015, 08:54
  3. Daycare food with allergies
    By Meld85 in forum Childcare Options
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25-03-2015, 07:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
WaterWipes
Give your babies bottom a gift this Xmas! They are the only wipe made using just water and a drop of grapefruit seed extract and may help avoid nappy rash. Check out the great reviews on bubhub and see our website for more info and availability.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Wendys Music School
Wendy’s Music School. Experience, Quality and great service! For qualifying students we will get you playing or singing your favourite music in 90 days GUARANTEED! Book a free assessment online now!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!