+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    Just my thoughts, i dont think earth would go back to its original glory if we have used up all the natural resources, wildlife become extinct as human population grows, global warming etc.
    I think eventually humans will die out due to somethung catastrophic like asteroid will smash into earth.
    We don't believe its humans that will accomplish this but God. Its from the bible 😊

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I want to see Ex Machina now!

I think that full AI will come sooner or later, and hope it's all lovely and helpful (a la Aldous Huxley) rather than Terminator-style rise of the machines. (FWIW, Stephen Hawking seems to have money on the latter...)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    I want to see Ex Machina now!

I think that full AI will come sooner or later, and hope it's all lovely and helpful (a la Aldous Huxley) rather than Terminator-style rise of the machines. (FWIW, Stephen Hawking seems to have money on the latter...)
    If it was true AI it would be so powerful and wouldn't surprise me if they did try take over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Maybe not in the way we would but I think AI will get to the point where it will be able to make decisions where there are many grey areas and make a decision that, while not necessarily the best outcome, is the right outcome for the situation. Where it can also understand the complexities of life and react accordingly. At the end of the day we all live our lives by a set of rules. Don't touch fire, it's hot and will burn. Breathe in, breathe out, or die. For every action there is a consequence (or reaction).

Whose to say we are not small pawns in a bigger game..

Man.. I'm going to go insane if I keep thinking like this. I feel like I entered the twilight zone and now freaking myself out.

If I'm brave I might check that movie out.
    I realize now that you may have been referring to the movie "she". I thought it was really interesting. It's not scary at all.