+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    But even then I don't think the machine would be exercising free will and making a choice. I really can't explain it.
    Btw I really enjoyed the movie ex machina. Also the movie called "she" with joaquin phoenix
    Maybe not in the way we would but I think AI will get to the point where it will be able to make decisions where there are many grey areas and make a decision that, while not necessarily the best outcome, is the right outcome for the situation. Where it can also understand the complexities of life and react accordingly. At the end of the day we all live our lives by a set of rules. Don't touch fire, it's hot and will burn. Breathe in, breathe out, or die. For every action there is a consequence (or reaction).

Whose to say we are not small pawns in a bigger game..

Man.. I'm going to go insane if I keep thinking like this. I feel like I entered the twilight zone and now freaking myself out.

If I'm brave I might check that movie out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Maybe not in the way we would but I think AI will get to the point where it will be able to make decisions where there are many grey areas and make a decision that, while not necessarily the best outcome, is the right outcome for the situation. Where it can also understand the complexities of life and react accordingly. At the end of the day we all live our lives by a set of rules. Don't touch fire, it's hot and will burn. Breathe in, breathe out, or die. For every action there is a consequence (or reaction).

Whose to say we are not small pawns in a bigger game..

Man.. I'm going to go insane if I keep thinking like this. I feel like I entered the twilight zone and now freaking myself out.

If I'm brave I might check that movie out.
    Haha

I highly recommend ex machina. However there is a lot of talking and you may find it a bit slow.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    But would AI be able to mimic happiness, make jokes etc or would it be a copy of someone else's thinking if that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Funny you should bring up cloning, I was saying to hubby tonight I'd like to clone our daughter at her age right now because I don't think another child could be any more perfect than her. Did I tell you the sun shines out of her behind? Hahaha

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (05-02-2016),Jontu  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    Haha

I highly recommend ex machina. However there is a lot of talking and you may find it a bit slow.
    I've seen it and it gave me nightmares that night. Lol.

I scare easy with movies. I'm the person watching movies through slightly opened fingers across their face. Ha ha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    We all mimic happiness. Especially within large groups of people. 😛 haha

I get you though. I really hope we don't go that route. That would not be a great idea. Not at all. It's a scary thought actually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do you think these things will ever be possible / happen in the future?

1. Time travel
    Never. Impossible

2. Artificial intelligence - as in true AI, having consciousness, feelings, free will
    I think we will come close, but will never completely be able to create true AI

3. Human cloning
    Yep.

4. Bringing back dinosaurs
    I hope Jurassic park has taught us that this is NOT a good idea....

5. Aliens taking over earth
    I dont think I believe in aliens

6. Humans living on another planet
    Definitely possible

Following on from the santa thread, & at risk of sounding "too christian'... I believe the earth will eventually be destroyed, & will again be renewed to it's oriinal, beautiful state It's just a matter of when. Could be 50 years, could be 5000 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    1. Time travel

No

2. Artificial intelligence

No

3. Human cloning

No.

4. Bringing back dinosaurs

No

5. Aliens taking over earth

I don't believe aliens exist

6. Humans living on another planet

No.

7. New planet.

No. I believe this earth will remain forever but will be restored to its original glory.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE=SoThisIsLove;8398
    No. I believe this earth will remain forever but will be restored to its original glory.[/QUOTE]

Ooh snap ;p

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just my thoughts, i dont think earth would go back to its original glory if we have used up all the natural resources, wildlife become extinct as human population grows, global warming etc.
    I think eventually humans will die out due to somethung catastrophic like asteroid will smash into earth.