+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default depression, hospitalisation & DHS report

I'm feeling incredibly alone & vulnerable here & need some perspective or something, I'm really not sure what I want or need.

Long story short, history of severe mental illness over past 8 years, treated be CAT team & mental health service for 6/8 of those years with several inpatient stays & stays as PARC centres (short term residential treatment centres).

Past few months, things have deteriorated to the point where one of my support workers again contacted CAT team at start of Jan. Things have continued to escalate to a point where I'm not functioning in any sense of the word - not showering, eating, drinking, dressing, escalating self harm & suicidal ideation with intent & have today had medications removed from the home etc so have been told that either I agree to planned psych ward admission (possibly tomorrow) but early next week at latest.

I am a single mum to a 12 yo, with no family or friends to help. Because of my complete lack of functioning I have forced the CAT team's hand in making report to DHS. They are coming tomorrow to help work out what with happen to my child while in hospital but my house is the shambles, there is no food in the house & it is very obvious I cannot adequately care for my son right now. So to add to everything, the suicidal ideation is partly caused by not being able to care for him, but I'm terrified now that he will be removed from my care & I will have to fight for him to come home once discharged & I'm not up for that fight.

I'm lost & scared for him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I couldn't read and not reply x

I don't know enough to about the process of getting your son back when you're up to it, but I know there are hubbers who have been through that process before.

I hope you get the help you and your son need and deserve x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh honey I couldn't read and not reply. I'm so sorry you're going through this right now, and can only imagine how scary this must be.

Try to just think of one step at a time. First step is for you to get well. The team treating you are the best placed to know how to help you get the support and treatment you need to get better. I've had friends go to hospital for similar reasons and it was the best place for them at the time - they got help, support and understanding and they are now fully functioning, well, healthy people and you can be too. The best thing you can do to help your son is to get healthy yourself.

Once you are well again then you can take the steps to get your son home with you but try to just take things one step at a time (easier said than done, I know).

Big hugs. Do you have any friends or family to support you?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

amyd  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also could not read and run. I have no experience but I do want to say that I do hope the support you receive will get you through the hard time. Your son is strong - you are too. Fight to get better every day. Hugs xxx.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge hugs, you need to take care of you and get better so that you can take care of your son. I hope you get all the help you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going pointless?

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I hope you are ok and things have been put in to place to help you and your boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hope you're ok xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Thinking of you.