+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    When I saw my Ob three weeks post op, he got me to stomp around a bit and that felt fine so I was good to go.
    I didn't have a car when my DS1 (I was in the city and DH and my older two were home on the farm) was in the nicu/scn and even if I did, the parking was non existent so I just used public transport.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies
    I guess it's a bit early to drive on Monday as I'll be 1w5 days so I'll have to figure something out. I've been very active and feel pretty good after my surgery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was advised 6 weeks so stuck with that. But for me, there was no urgency to drive. ..was within walking distance for what I wanted/needed to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    10 days after both of mine. Felt more than ready. My ob said if I could stomp my foot on the ground I was ready. My c sections were planned - so recovery possibly faster than if emergency?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnybambino For This Useful Post:

Reneeharry  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reneeharry View Post
    Thanks ladies
    I guess it's a bit early to drive on Monday as I'll be 1w5 days so I'll have to figure something out. I've been very active and feel pretty good after my surgery.
    Are you seeing GP or anything before then? They can check wound and also check if you feel ok enough to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drove myself to the OB on day 5 to get my stitches out. He told me if I feel ready then I can drive. DD3 I didn't drive for a bit longer as I had no need to and DD4 I was back doing school drop off/pick up after about 10 days. If you feel you are right to drive, can handle the pressure in an emergency (eg slamming on the brakes), your doc said its ok and you've checked with your insurance company then go for it!

Just on a side note - I rang my insurance company to check the policy and they said there was no such thing as a waiting period. I was with QBE at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my 1st it was short trips 7 days out of necessity, then at 10 days 1.5 hours back from taking my mum to the airport. Wound-wise I was fine (auto car) but it made me soooo tired!

With my 2nd I was driving a manual so made other arrangements for the first 3 weeks. After that it was driving as usual (country WA, 25km to the supermarket, 40km to weekly swimming and dance lessons for DD etc).

Note that I think CS recovery is a living hell that i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I do not cope well, but driving afterwards wasn't that bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I can't quite remember, but it was probably around the 2 week mark. I felt fine.

I also checked on the insurance thing (as others had mentioned it) and I couldn't find any reference to anything like that, so I have no idea where the information has come from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just phoned my insurance they said it was fine unless dr had restricted me. Some insurances go by 'major surgery rule' which is 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 weeks. My OB said I could drive when I felt well enough. My insurance company said it was fine if the OB said it was so off I went