+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Home schooling - work and income

Hi there,

I just wondered if there are any home schoolers who work 'normal hours' and if so, what do you do with the children when you are at work? Both DH and I have regular hours careers and unsure how we could ever make home schooling work without one or other of us giving up work although?
    Thanks for any input

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think you could make it work with younger ones but maybe High School age. My Husband is a shift worker and I work part-time. We looked into home school extensively but couldn't figure out how to make it work as the younger ones needed more continuity of care. We have had discussions about doing distance ed with our High Schooler next year if Main****** school doesn't work for him this year and we would both still be able to work as there would rarely be a day someone wasn't home.
    You could possibly look at working opposite hours, so one of you find a night shift type job

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    The amount of hours of schoolwork kids would need, not sure you could fit that into after hours.

Similar Threads

1. Work from home opportunities
    By hanzibub in forum Working From Home
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-12-2016, 11:24
  2. Talk to me about home schooling...
    By DrDrakeRamoray in forum Home Schooling
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-05-2015, 21:49
  3. Income Protection/Insurance for stay at home mothers?
    By Leeann in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-03-2015, 17:48