+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awol :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Off topic, have you been AWOL or have I just not paid enough attention?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeForWine For This Useful Post:

Moxy  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeForWine View Post
    Awol :-)
    Good to see you back. Definitely my fave username 😆

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm an atheist and I would be a bit upset I think if I'm totally honest. I would accept it though and love them no matter what.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rusty22 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (05-02-2016),Moxy  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't believe in god neither does DP. I have two children, DD2 doesn't believe, just from her own decision but DD1 does believe in God and is interested. I don't believe I have the right to tell her what she should believe in, however at the same time I don't encourage it. She knows the rest of us don't believe, however I am proud of her for feeling strong enough at 11 to say I am interested in religion. If she asked me to take her to a mass or sermon, whatever you call it, I would but for me personally, I would dread it. I think people should be entitled to believe in whatever they want, but can't stand people who preach their beliefs to others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a Christian. If my kids end up not being Christian, no way will I shun, pressure or coerce them. Yes I will pray for them. But nothing in my day to day relationship with them would change whatsoever.

My parents (Dad has passed away) are Christian and we were raised in the church. My brother has no belief, interest or time for it. Never has there been pressure or anything on him. I know my mum prays for him but he probably has no idea.

I really believe people need to follow their own heart with belief systems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My children are and always will be free to decide to believe whatever they want, as long as they respect others with different views and beliefs and don't force their beliefs on others.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (04-02-2016),HearMeRoar  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If my children decide that they don't believe in God, that is ok by me - I wouldn't pressure them to change their minds. Faith is a personal journey & you can't decide for someone else.
    I'll try to make sure either way that my children respect others faith, no matter what their own.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would be disappointed if my kids decided to follow a religion, however there is not much I could do about it lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would say I'm agnostic rather than atheist. I'm a science based, fact seeking person so if someone came to me with some real hard evidence based proof that a higher being existed I would be open to it.

Unfortunately being in a same sex relationship, I have come to realise how little tolerance there is for us amongst some of the religious folk. I want my daughter to grow up loving and accepting everyone equally, without rules and without exception. I don't want her afraid of the devil, or going to hell and I damn well don't want her to think her very loving mums are sinful.

I would be less than impressed if she did want to follow a religion but I would never shame her for it if that's what she chose. I would hope though that I've done my job as a mother well enough that if she did choose a religion she would be curious and insightful enough to decipher fiction from fact and right from wrong and not just follow it blindly.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to A&S For This Useful Post:

Summer  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Be honest....

DH and I are both Muslim as are our families. Our religion is a huge part of our lives, simply by the fact that's it's so embedded. It encompasses what we eat, how we dress, the activities we do etc. it's hard to describe but being Muslim is pretty much a way of life. We are raising our children to be Muslim as our parents raised us and honestly I'd be disappointed if my children grew up and chose to be atheist or to convert to another religion. I wouldn't disown them or anything like that, I'll always love them and will always be in their lives but yeah I can't honestly say I wouldn't be disappointed. As to whether I'd try and change their mind, I guess it depends. If they're teenagers and still living at home I probably would to be honest, I wouldn't push them too hard though and I know kids can rebel, I certainly did. If they were older and had their own lives/ homes/ families I'd leave them be. At the end of the day I love my children no matter what and them being happy and me being in their lives is the most important thing to me.
    Last edited by Mama Mirabelle; 04-02-2016 at 22:00.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (04-02-2016)