+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Vitex / Vit B6

Hi everyone, Just wanting to hear if you used vitex / b6, if it worked for you and how long it took?

We are going onto our 6th month of ttc, and in that time had 2 CP's

Been on vitex / b6 for nearly 2 months now, just not sure how much longer to give it before going to the GP.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you tracking in any way? If not get onto that to make sure you are dtd at the right time.

I was on vitex start of last year after 1st coming off the pill. I thought it worked really well for me but in saying that I didn't really know what my normal AF was like. We fell preg on the third cycle but unfortunately miscarriaged.

After that I actually did a acupuncture and after 2 cycles I fell preg on the 3rd and am now 20weeks.

I highly recommend acupuncture, and if you have phi some of it is covered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info

I am tracking, using opk's. I believe I had a short luteal phase, used to spot anywhede from cd22 onwards for 4-5 days, the vitex now has me spotting at cd28, then period cd29, so has certainly helped in that respect.

I have thought about acupuncture, but don't have private health :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a shortish LP it is 11 days.

So when are you Oing vs starting to spot?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and congrats on your pregnancy!

Well before vitex I was o'ing anywhere from cd14-16, then spotting anywhere from cd 22-26 for 4 or so days.

This month I o'd cd15 and started spotting cd28, also cd29, today is cd30 and just waiting on full af flow lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to brodiesmummy2011 For This Useful Post:

lauzie  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brodiesmummy2011 View Post
    Oh and congrats on your pregnancy!

Well before vitex I was o'ing anywhere from cd14-16, then spotting anywhere from cd 22-26 for 4 or so days.

This month I o'd cd15 and started spotting cd28, also cd29, today is cd30 and just waiting on full af flow lol
    That's a really good improvement. They say that vitex is one of those herbs that best take effect the longer you take it. 😊

I would keep giving it a go, sounds like it is only improving at the moment 😊

Acupuncture can be expensive. With phi it was $30 for the session plus herbs. Without it was $50. I went once a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I am pretty happy, its definately lengthened my luteal phase!

Oh wow, not cheap at all :-/

We have just moved so I am not even sure if there is one near me either lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lauzie View Post
    That's a really good improvement. They say that vitex is one of those herbs that best take effect the longer you take it. 😊

I would keep giving it a go, sounds like it is only improving at the moment 😊

Acupuncture can be expensive. With phi it was $30 for the session plus herbs. Without it was $50. I went once a week.
    Sorry to butt in, Mine is $65 before PHI, I get $25 back so $40, twice per week! I'm only going it for one cycle, I won't be able to afford a baby if I do any more acupuncture than that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Brodiesmummy
    im in a very similar situation. Onto our 8th cycle now. We had three chemical pregnancies the first three cycles of trying and now the last four cycles following - nothing. My cycles were getting long so I started to take vitex and b6 two months ago which has brought my cycle back to 28/29 days. My gp has just referred me for an ultrasound to see if there is something wrong. We have a beautiful two year old that was conceived first try so it's frustrating we are now having trouble. Hope you get your bfp soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another supliment to look into is vitamin c. I had success using it to lengthen my luteal phase (I took elevit plus an extra vit c tablet). I can't remedy the specifics of what I took but perhaps it could be worth looking into?