Closed Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    In America we call all of them 'sprinkles.'
    Yeah, that's the problem. 100's and 1000's and sprinkles are entirely different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We've just moved and therefore DD moved daycares. Previous centre did not provide food so I packed lunches.
    Their fees $86 per day .
    New centre provides food. It's not cooked on premises but delivered. I'm very impressed with the menu. If I had a photo of it I'd share it.
    Their fees.... $87 per day!

How crazy is that.
    And the food is great and my daughter who does have feeding issues etc is eating it.

I haven't seen fairy bread on the menu though!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alliecat89 View Post
    I know this.

To me it makes much more sense to pack your own food - you know what your child is eating, instead of having to stress and get upset about a menu
    I do agree that its easier to just pack your own food. I love that at school its up to the parents to provide the food. So much easier for a number of reasons.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    For those that get all upset about childcare menus - why don't you prepare/pack food your child instead?

Instead of expecting other people to feed your child appropriately, why not just take responsibility for YOUR child and choose what they eat yourselves?

This whole "daycare providing meals" absolutely astounds me. What happened to preparing and sending food with your child each day?

Would solve all of the problems.
    Because most centers that provide food don't allow you to send your own, or highly discourage it unless there's a very good reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Well considering I pay $100 a day in childcare fees, I think it's more than justifiable that I expect my child to be fed wholesome nutritious food. Why would I pay $100 a day and supply food? That's just silly ..
    Well if food wasn't included then the price would be cheaper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so glad you lovely ladies reminded me that 'those inferior long colourful things' are called sprinkles. My brain seriously does not work well sometimes. Or at all lol.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've read through all the posts and feel pretty strongly about this. I don't think there's any two ways about it and I think the onus lies both with parents and childcare workers to teach our children about the fecking difference between 100s & 1000s and that abomination of a straight pasty coloured creation known as sprinkles. The later should be banned not only from cc centres, but the entire planet.

I'd also be pretty happy if fairy bread wasn't a regular feature on a daycare menu but I really feel that discussion undermines the real issue at hand.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (05-02-2016),BettyV  (05-02-2016),HollyGolightly81  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Because most centers that provide food don't allow you to send your own, or highly discourage it unless there's a very good reason.
    Then go with one that doesn't provide food. The menu posted before looked like absolute crap. I wouldn't be paying for that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    I do agree that its easier to just pack your own food. I love that at school its up to the parents to provide the food. So much easier for a number of reasons.
    And thank god for that. God forbid those hideous looking "school lunches" that exist in other countries ever become common place here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Then go with one that doesn't provide food. The menu posted before looked like absolute crap. I wouldn't be paying for that.
    I visited 9 centres before enrolling my DD. Not one of those centres allowed outside food. I have friends who have their kids in cc and not one of those is allowed to bring food either. I actually had no idea that centres existed that didn't provide food.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (04-02-2016)