Closed Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Thing is so many parents who don't give their kids any sugar or bad fats mostly claim their kids don't even like sugary things and never go near them at parties etc.

So whilst I agree most kids don't show restraint, those with perfect little eaters claim quite the opposite.
    My kid would probably live on twisties and chocolate milk, he makes a beeline for cake at parties he actually has a salty palate over sweet and we still let him have normal treats but unfortunately majority of the time we have to keep him on food with as little additives as possible or else his hyperactivity is just out of control.

For some kids, sugar and processed food is just a nightmare. It's not about being on your high horse about nutrition, it's about not trying to deal with a 2 year old who's burning around till midnight, literally!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Can I just ask. Is it the ultimate worst thing ever when instead of using 100's and 1000's someone uses those long colourful things instead (wtf are they called???). DH was horrified when that turned up at a childcare party as fairy bread.
    Um yes!!!! They are so inferior! ! I recently made a sprinkle covered rainbow cake... and had to go to two different shops to get the genuine article.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

twinklify  (04-02-2016)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimum890 View Post
    This is the official menu for the centre I looked at, it is printed on their website too.

Week 3 Fairy Bread for afternoon tea and then again for late snack...

There are a few other items on the list that I didn't agree with either nutrigrain, jatz and arrowroot biscuits being some of them...

http://media.wix.com/ugd//13b6e1_860...d3a8e6f497.pdf
    Once a week they have sweet biscuits, and once a month they have fairy bread. I think that's perfectly fine.
    I think sometimes people need to remember that child care centers have to cater to EVERYONE. The very health conscious right down to the fussiest of fussy eaters. Plus the budget you're working with is generally minuscule. I have helped write one of those menus and it's incredibly hard to get the balance right. The only thing about this menu I would say is that it seems to be lacking in vegetables a bit, but honestly it's a very standard menu for a child care centre.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (05-02-2016),butterfly2013  (05-02-2016),Clementine Grace  (04-02-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (05-02-2016),Tamtam  (04-02-2016)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Can I just ask. Is it the ultimate worst thing ever when instead of using 100's and 1000's someone uses those long colourful things instead (wtf are they called???). DH was horrified when that turned up at a childcare party as fairy bread.
    Yes. They are the worst. You need to report your child care to The Hague.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

twinklify  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    This is the official menu for the centre I looked at, it is printed on their website too.

There are a few other items on the list that I didn't agree with either nutrigrain, jatz and arrowroot biscuits being some of them...

Out of 4 weeks that's really not so bad. I don't see an issue with these menus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Fairy bread for afternoon tea at 2y olds childcare? ??

Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Thing is so many parents who don't give their kids any sugar or bad fats mostly claim their kids don't even like sugary things and never go near them at parties etc.

So whilst I agree most kids don't show restraint, those with perfect little eaters claim quite the opposite.
    I've got 3 kids.

DD1 will eat a lolly or 2 at a party and go and play. I will find her party bag full of lollies and chocolates months later. She saves it for later and forgets about it.

DS hovers around at the food tables at parties and would eat 10 cupcakes if I let him. His party bag is demolished before we get home.

DD2 will choose the healthy option every time.

Three kids all raised the same, all totally different in regards to food.

Here's my 3 at the Bunnings cafe. OMG is that refined sugar 2 of my children are consuming mother of the year right here

You can see my youngest eating fruit salad. This is what she chose.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1454586845.787052.jpg

Here's my DD2 ditching her lollipop for celery.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1454587017.164475.jpg

She does this all the time.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 04-02-2016 at 22:01.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (05-02-2016),Elijahs Mum  (04-02-2016),Wise Enough  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    If you keep reading after that we did discuss ages actually, but seeing as I'm someone who doesn't feel the need to be right (especially over chocolate on a fairy bread post), please take this comment as perhaps there was a miscommunication and I humbly apologise for my part in that.
    oh sod off. Stop pretending to be perfect.

Why in the world would I see a post on page 5 or 6 that I wanted to respond to but then think "oh gee I'll keep reading the next 7 pages just in case they talk about something differently".

i have no need to apologize.

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow that's a really poor menu! I'm failing to see balanced there. Barely any protein and not a lot of veg at all.
    All I see is packaged food and a lot of carbohydrates with some fruit thrown in.
    If my DD's daycare had shown me a menu like that, I'd have ran for the hills!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those that get all upset about childcare menus - why don't you prepare/pack food your child instead?

Instead of expecting other people to feed your child appropriately, why not just take responsibility for YOUR child and choose what they eat yourselves?

This whole "daycare providing meals" absolutely astounds me. What happened to preparing and sending food with your child each day?

Would solve all of the problems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alliecat89 View Post
    oh sod off. Stop pretending to be perfect.

Why in the world would I see a post on page 5 or 6 that I wanted to respond to but then think "oh gee I'll keep reading the next 7 pages just in case they talk about something differently".

i have no need to apologize.
    Sod off? Oh wow. Seriously ... you need to chill.
    I never said you needed to apologise. I apologised because it was the right thing to do.