+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm perhaps a bit weird but I always tear off the first sheet or two of paper and chuck it in the bowl because someone's hand has probably touched it and where was their hand last...? 😧

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calicocat For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (05-02-2016),VicPark  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    That's incompatable with previous posters rule of putting the lid down when you flush (unless people are then expected to put the lid back up after flushing?)
    I open the lid again after flushing, to check that it did indeed flush properly. (Awards self gold star for responsible public toilet use...)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    That's incompatable with previous posters rule of putting the lid down when you flush (unless people are then expected to put the lid back up after flushing?)
    Further to this.... I had a stomach upset the other day. I snuck into a empty bathroom and ermmmm.... Used the facilities. I then was faced with the dilemma of not wanting to flush because .... Poo particles flying into the air and consequently onto me. So I closed the lid, flushed and then opened to check the evidence was gone and then left the lid up for the next person.

And promptly bolted out before anyone else walked in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by calicocat View Post
    I'm perhaps a bit weird but I always tear off the first sheet or two of paper and chuck it in the bowl because someone's hand has probably touched it and where was their hand last...? 😧
    I do the same. I tear off a few pieces in fact. or if it's on a roll, I go through a few cycles of the roll to ensure no crossover. fresh paper for my bot bot please 😂

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (06-02-2016),calicocat  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always tear some off and use it to wipe the seat whether or not it looks dirty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also tear it off and use to lift lid or seat (for ds).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    if it's a public toilet I'll use my foot to lift/close lids 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    OMG I'm dying of silent laughter reading this thread while lying with my daughter to get her to sleep. My head is about to explode from trying so hard not to laugh.

YOU ARE MY PEOPLE. The toughest decisions I make in my job are related to toilet etiquette! Along with all of VPs already mentioned rules, my rules are:

1. If you're doing a #2 and someone walks in, you wait silently until they leave to continue dropping your guts.

2. Further to point 1, if someone walks needing to do a #2 and there is someone in the other cubicle sitting silently, person #2 must leave so person #1 can finish their poo in peace.

3. Unless you have gastro or a stomach disorder, you can never just open the flood gates the second you sit down when there is someone else in the bathroom. Slow and steady wins the race.

4. If you're going to leave 1 square of toilet paper on the roll, at least make sure there is a new roll in that cubicle.

5. If we run into each other a couple of times per day in the bathroom, we don't need to acknowledge that we're on the same peeing schedule. We will politely say hello and pretend it was the first time we've seen each other for the day.
    Definitely agree with all of the above!

At the job before my last job we were lucky enough to have only a single toilet for each gender (oh happy days!!).

However....not so at my last job. Two cubicles in the female toilet (and I assume the men's, but I never went in there). In all my time there I managed to avoid doing #2 while anyone else was in the other cubicle. Every #2 was so stressful with the constant threat of someone else walking in! If I needed to do #2 and I walked in and found that the other cubicle was occupied I had no shame in walking straight back out again. Would just try again later. They wouldn't have known who it was so I didn't care. Lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by calicocat View Post
    This is me!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

calicocat  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With a 10 hour workday, a daily work poo is almost like a break
    Everyone has to poo! In fact, at one workplace we had a Bristol stool chart we would report on