Gosh, i would suggest seat up at all times. The less i need to touch the better. Seat down, I'm not going in there...
You do realise VP that every time we go to the toilet at work we think of you! Nawwwww! 😂
OMG I'm dying of silent laughter reading this thread while lying with my daughter to get her to sleep. My head is about to explode from trying so hard not to laugh.
YOU ARE MY PEOPLE. The toughest decisions I make in my job are related to toilet etiquette! Along with all of VPs already mentioned rules, my rules are:
1. If you're doing a #2 and someone walks in, you wait silently until they leave to continue dropping your guts.
2. Further to point 1, if someone walks needing to do a #2 and there is someone in the other cubicle sitting silently, person #2 must leave so person #1 can finish their poo in peace.
3. Unless you have gastro or a stomach disorder, you can never just open the flood gates the second you sit down when there is someone else in the bathroom. Slow and steady wins the race.
4. If you're going to leave 1 square of toilet paper on the roll, at least make sure there is a new roll in that cubicle.
5. If we run into each other a couple of times per day in the bathroom, we don't need to acknowledge that we're on the same peeing schedule. We will politely say hello and pretend it was the first time we've seen each other for the day.
Oh man this is hilarious! I've given up caring at work. We only have one toilet cubicle and one poor colleague has their desk outside it (about 3m away). Plus I'm pregnant and constipated so will not turn down the opportunity to poo.
My SIL is really proud of herself for never pooing at work. Pity for her family. I've had the misfortune of being there when she's arrived home from work. I wouldn't want to subject my loved ones to that kind of nasal torture every day 😠
Worst thing I've seen was at another job. Clearly someone had removed a tampon on a heavy day while standing up (why???). Blood splattered all over the back of the toilet door. There were terse notes and emails.
I went to the loo at the movies tonight and all I could think of was this thread... My Dd thought I was crazy waiting to go into her stall after she used it when there were vacant ones. This thread put me off lol
How have I missed this thread?
First of all, I love the casual use of Gary in a couple of posts. First BH, next, the world!!!
I can't believe people can poo at work? I never have in seven years at the same workplace. I wish I could say the same for my colleagues. They all do. Every day. (We only have one toilet.)
Toilet lid DOWN.
And after today, I will add the rule that if for some inexplicable reason you manage to get a streak of poo on the toilet paper that's still on the holder - throe it in the damn toilet instead of leaving it for the next poor sod to deal with 😷
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!