+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Got to work this morning, went in the toilet cubicle ... Lid was closed. Opened lid ..... To find the toilet filled to the brim (nearly overflowing) with water, poo and paper.

If you block the toilet people sneak back in later and stick a note on the damn thing saying it's out of action!
    I work in a RSL club and we mostly just use the public toilets because the staff toilets are far away, secluded and creepy. It is a general rule for us that you NEVER open the lid on a toilet as 9/10 you'll not be happy about what you find!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (05-02-2016),MrsA2B  (05-02-2016),VicPark  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gosh, i would suggest seat up at all times. The less i need to touch the better. Seat down, I'm not going in there...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Toilet etiquette in the workplace

You do realise VP that every time we go to the toilet at work we think of you! Nawwwww! 😂

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (05-02-2016),Jontu  (05-02-2016),KitiK  (05-02-2016),Summer  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OMG I'm dying of silent laughter reading this thread while lying with my daughter to get her to sleep. My head is about to explode from trying so hard not to laugh.

YOU ARE MY PEOPLE. The toughest decisions I make in my job are related to toilet etiquette! Along with all of VPs already mentioned rules, my rules are:

1. If you're doing a #2 and someone walks in, you wait silently until they leave to continue dropping your guts.

2. Further to point 1, if someone walks needing to do a #2 and there is someone in the other cubicle sitting silently, person #2 must leave so person #1 can finish their poo in peace.

3. Unless you have gastro or a stomach disorder, you can never just open the flood gates the second you sit down when there is someone else in the bathroom. Slow and steady wins the race.

4. If you're going to leave 1 square of toilet paper on the roll, at least make sure there is a new roll in that cubicle.

5. If we run into each other a couple of times per day in the bathroom, we don't need to acknowledge that we're on the same peeing schedule. We will politely say hello and pretend it was the first time we've seen each other for the day.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh man this is hilarious! I've given up caring at work. We only have one toilet cubicle and one poor colleague has their desk outside it (about 3m away). Plus I'm pregnant and constipated so will not turn down the opportunity to poo.

My SIL is really proud of herself for never pooing at work. Pity for her family. I've had the misfortune of being there when she's arrived home from work. I wouldn't want to subject my loved ones to that kind of nasal torture every day 😠

Worst thing I've seen was at another job. Clearly someone had removed a tampon on a heavy day while standing up (why???). Blood splattered all over the back of the toilet door. There were terse notes and emails.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Got to work this morning, went in the toilet cubicle ... Lid was closed. Opened lid ..... To find the toilet filled to the brim (nearly overflowing) with water, poo and paper.

If you block the toilet people sneak back in later and stick a note on the damn thing saying it's out of action!
    Well that is the worst because you are bent over, therefore even closer to the horrors.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    I work in a RSL club and we mostly just use the public toilets because the staff toilets are far away, secluded and creepy. It is a general rule for us that you NEVER open the lid on a toilet as 9/10 you'll not be happy about what you find!!
    Exactly isn't there the unwritten rule not to use the toilet with the lid down

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Exactly isn't there the unwritten rule not to use the toilet with the lid down
    That's incompatable with previous posters rule of putting the lid down when you flush (unless people are then expected to put the lid back up after flushing?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to the loo at the movies tonight and all I could think of was this thread... My Dd thought I was crazy waiting to go into her stall after she used it when there were vacant ones. This thread put me off lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (06-02-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    How have I missed this thread?

First of all, I love the casual use of Gary in a couple of posts. First BH, next, the world!!!

I can't believe people can poo at work? I never have in seven years at the same workplace. I wish I could say the same for my colleagues. They all do. Every day. (We only have one toilet.)

Toilet lid DOWN.

And after today, I will add the rule that if for some inexplicable reason you manage to get a streak of poo on the toilet paper that's still on the holder - throe it in the damn toilet instead of leaving it for the next poor sod to deal with 😷

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (06-02-2016),VicPark  (06-02-2016)