+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Agree with it all @VicPark.

We have a good setup here at my office. I work on the top floor with two other colleagues (male) and the toilet on our floor is a full bathroom (has a shower and everything). This is known is the 'executive washroom' and there is a strict no-poop rule for this facility.

I love being able to use a toilet that doesn't stink, have poo crumbs or claw marks in the bowl!

There is a dedicated male & female bathroom downstairs, so the guys poop down there

For the record, I do not poop at work. I just can't. My body has trained itself not to need to go in business hours.

One other I'll add - if you're one of those people who likes to use a paper towel to open the bathroom door (as in not wanting to touch the handle) - dispose of the paper towel thoughtfully, don't just drop it on the ground (I worked in a large office at one stage and some mystery woman would just leave the paper towel on the ground).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I have a toilet etiquette story!

Years ago a bank representative came to our house as we were applying for a loan. The very first thing he did upon walking in the door was ask to use the bathroom. Sure, no problems, I say...
    DH and I were sitting at the dining table waiting for him (the toilet was in the hallway just metres away) and after a few minutes it was apparent that he was shamelessly making himself at home, if you get my drift 😷💩
    The WORST part was when he finally emerged, we could smell it! So we had to sit through a half hour of the most uncomfortable meeting of my life; could not believe it tbh. I mean, would you not go before visiting a client? I remember I excused myself at one stage and casually gave the house a sneaky spritz of air freshener. I know it's a human function etc, but geez.... Blergh! 😱
    I've stopped breathing 😂😂😂

there's no way I'd have been using that bank for my financing needs!! and I reckon something like that would be enough to put me off them for life. how damaging to their brand!! 😂😂

3. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love this thread because I have such a thing about public toilets (I work from home so don't have to worry about the work toilet situation).

I agree with everything @VicPark posted, but I have another couple.

If you enter a public toilet and it is dead silent and someone is already in the cubicle, make some noise so you don't have to hear them or they don't have to hear you. Wash your hands before entering, flush the loo first (this makes plenty of noise, also while the cistern refills it covers the awful silence).

Also if you enter the toilets and there is one other person in there, have some courtesy and pee quietly. I've often been in a cubicle first and someone enters and then sits down and pees like a horse with the force of Niagra Falls. I'm with VP, the more silent the better. I kind of position myself so the pee hits the side of the bowl and then I let it out slowly so no forceful noisy floods from me!

It always makes me wonder though in public toilets why it always stinks like someone's just had a massive diarrhoea episode. Every. Single. Time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I have a toilet etiquette story!

Years ago a bank representative came to our house as we were applying for a loan. The very first thing he did upon walking in the door was ask to use the bathroom. Sure, no problems, I say...
    DH and I were sitting at the dining table waiting for him (the toilet was in the hallway just metres away) and after a few minutes it was apparent that he was shamelessly making himself at home, if you get my drift ������������
    The WORST part was when he finally emerged, we could smell it! So we had to sit through a half hour of the most uncomfortable meeting of my life; could not believe it tbh. I mean, would you not go before visiting a client? I remember I excused myself at one stage and casually gave the house a sneaky spritz of air freshener. I know it's a human function etc, but geez.... Blergh! ������
    This is gold! I had to stifle chuckling to not wake the baby

7. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Agree with all that VicPark except for using the disabled toilet. Not okay to use it just because you want more privacy for your 'symphony' - it would be a major breach of etiquette if you used the disabled toilet when there were free cubicles and you are able bodied and someone who needed that toilet had to wait for you. And worse, when they finally got to use it it was stinky!

But apart from that, I agree - especially about cleaning the seat after yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla View Post
    If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie.
    I went to a BBQ a couple of weeks ago and the host had a sign in their toilet with that phrase on it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Everything @VicPark said!

As for holding in number 2s...I can't because holding it in makes me gary and gives me horrible gas pains from trying to do them silently. But I always always spray the air freshener we have in the toilet and have the fan running. Also flush twice to make sure I don't clog the toilet with paper or get rid of any marks left under the water.

Someone I used to work with told me she was in the toilet and heard the person next to them gary loudly and when this girl was done she waited for the offender to come out of their cubicle so she could find out who it was!! She waited for about 20 minutes, but they didn't come out. Not very nice.

She did the same thing to me once when I flushed twice (no gary), but I came out and when she realised it was me was friendly. Like, when you gotta take a dump, ya gotta take a dump. She is one of those people that would never ever go number two in a public toilet even if it meant her colon exploding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with everything you said @VicPark!

As for funny #2 in public stories... I used to work in a very very very fancy jewellery shop in NZ. We had an overseas visitor in the store who was looking at some very expensive items (like, over $100k), and so when he asked to use the bathroom, we couldn't exactly refuse.

Well - he was in there for 45 minutes! And when he came out, he was so nonchalant, brought a few smaller items, and left in no great hurry.

After he left, my colleague went in to the bathroom and the bowl was close to overflowing. I was happy NOT to see what he'd 'left behind' so to speak but according to my colleague it was ENORMOUS and they had to break it up with a ruler (that was chucked afterwards) in order to get it to flush... gag!

If I had been that guy I probably would have climbed out the window and shimmied down the drain to avoid showing my face. Oh the shame!

In other news - there is a person at my work (or persons?) who wipe their SNOT on the cubicle walls. Who are these people, seriously?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsA2B For This Useful Post:

JR03  (05-02-2016),Mod-Degrassi  (04-02-2016),VicPark  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post
    Someone I used to work with told me she was in the toilet and heard the person next to them gary loudly and when this girl was done she waited for the offender to come out of their cubicle so she could find out who it was!! She waited for about 20 minutes, but they didn't come out. Not very nice.
    That's really uncool