+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I have a toilet etiquette story!

Years ago a bank representative came to our house as we were applying for a loan. The very first thing he did upon walking in the door was ask to use the bathroom. Sure, no problems, I say...
    DH and I were sitting at the dining table waiting for him (the toilet was in the hallway just metres away) and after a few minutes it was apparent that he was shamelessly making himself at home, if you get my drift 😷💩
    The WORST part was when he finally emerged, we could smell it! So we had to sit through a half hour of the most uncomfortable meeting of my life; could not believe it tbh. I mean, would you not go before visiting a client? I remember I excused myself at one stage and casually gave the house a sneaky spritz of air freshener. I know it's a human function etc, but geez.... Blergh! 😱
    OMG!!! Surely he could've stopped at a Maccas or Hungry Jacks or something before getting to your place, if he was that desperate?!? I'd rather risk a bowel obstruction than do what he did!!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Californication  (03-02-2016),JR03  (05-02-2016),MissMuppet  (04-02-2016),Summer  (04-02-2016),Tinkers  (05-02-2016),~Marigold~  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If only we had those issues, I work in a corporate office and I swear what's left behind sometimes resembles a bomb site

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just flush, please just flush LOL.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CleverClogs For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Toilet etiquette in the workplace

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    And what if the brown mark is below the water line? How dedicated are you too your principles?
    You get a free pass on anything below the seat (especially below the water line )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm having a chuckle over this thread. It reminds me of the 'can't spare a square' episode of Seinfeld

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (04-02-2016),binnielici  (04-02-2016),VicPark  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This conversation reminds me a little bit about The Book Of Rules.

What is The Book Of Rules you ask?

Well, right before my DH and I moved in together (at that stage he was only DP - for shame!) we made up a Book Of Rules.

The book had a lot of rules in it, mostly fairly lighthearted but rules we intended to follow as a couple none-the-less.

Anyway, the number 1 rule I put in the book was

"Whatever you think you heard, saw or smelled coming from the bathroom...YOU WERE WRONG."

Even in our own home, The Book Of Rules strictly prohibits any commentary on bathroom matters I know it's not work related per se, but it IS bathroom related!

Love this thread, thanks for the laugh this morning ladies

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (04-02-2016),VicPark  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gentlemen, please do not take the workplace copy of the newspaper into the toilet for 40 minutes then return it to the lunch table. Thank you.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

amyd  (04-02-2016),CleverClogs  (04-02-2016),MissMuppet  (04-02-2016),Mod-Degrassi  (04-02-2016),Mod-xkwzit  (04-02-2016),TheGooch  (04-02-2016),VicPark  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agree with those rules...here is another:

- DO NOT use the work bathroom as a place to make/take phone calls ffs.

When we had some contractors at work almost every time I went to the ladies this girl was on the phone in there. Even whilst she too used the facilities??! Just wrong...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    hate it when someone uses the cubicle right next to you when there's others that are free.

I prefer not to no2 in public where I can avoid it. it's stinky and embarrassing and I just can't do it. I'd prefer if everyone else shared this same level of shame but they don't. the stench of someone else's no2 though, omg. just no.

if you're paranoid you might catch AIDS off the toilet seat and prefer to stand/squat over the seat to pee, for crying out loud have the decency to wipe the bloody thing once you're done!! I've unwittingly sat down without looking far too many times only to cop a wet backside and thighs. walking around with someone else's urine on my skin for the rest of the day? um no thanks.

don't try and converse over the roar of the hand dryer. toilets are awkward enough places as it is, I'm not shouting over the hand dryer because someone feels the need to engage in polite lavatory small talk.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Completely agree, ESPECIALLY point 7!!

I would also like to add:

- there is to be NO TALKING TO COLLEAGUES whilst both IN the neighbouring cubicles!!!!! I used to work with this lady who would make small talk from over yonder. FFS, nooooo!!!!!! I'm trying to get in and out discretely, don't talk to me! 😱

Also, worst case scenario in workplace toilets:
    You go in right after someone has dropped their guts - it stinks of course - then as you exit, ANOTHER colleague walks in. Well of course they now think YOU made that horrendous smell!! Argh!! My worst fear ever at work!

Feels better to let all that out...thanks VP!
    OMG yes. this is my worst fear too!!! I'm always tempted to go "oh that wasn't me by the way" but then I think oh that's too obvious and they'll definitely think it was me. such an awkward situation!!! 😂