+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelicHobgoblin View Post
    And neither is god.
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 05-02-2016 at 16:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelicHobgoblin View Post
    I have raised my children to respect other people's beliefs.
    Ironic seeing as you come into a thread with christians ( and other religions) and state "God isn't real".
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 05-02-2016 at 16:30.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    @VicPark... Lady, empty your Inbox!

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Done!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Ironic seeing as you come into a thread with christians ( and other religions) and state "God isn't real".
    Hey just because I don't think God is real doesn't mean I'm not raising my kids to respect others

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelicHobgoblin For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    I think this right here may be the pivotal point of difference. I can't speak for anyone else who is religious, only for myself. As a Muslim the birth of Jesus is significant and important. We don't celebrate Christmas however when I discuss Christmas with my children when they are older it will lead to a discussion about the miraculous birth of Jesus and what an important spiritual figure he is for us.

I have a fundamental problem including the myth of Santa into something that is deeply religious.

I guess at its core to some Santa is a white lie, a bit of magic, and to others it's bordering on blasphemous. I stress again though that although I won't partake in the myth of Santa I will tell my children that they are not to ruin it for other children and will teach them to be respectful to all.
    You know what though, not every person follows their religion the same whether you're Muslim, Christian, atheist, whatever, no two people follow a religion exactly the same.

I've got Muslim friends who put up a Christmas tree and leave a present from Santa. I've got some Muslim friends who don't always eat halal meat, or will eat from a bbq that has had bacon cooked on it. I've got some Muslim friends who wear a hijab and some who don't. I've got Christian friends who give up something for Lent, others who eat meat on Good Friday.

People follow their religion differently. There's no right or wrong.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (05-02-2016),delirium  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    You know what though, not every person follows their religion the same whether you're Muslim, Christian, atheist, whatever, no two people follow a religion exactly the same.

I've got Muslim friends who put up a Christmas tree and leave a present from Santa. I've got some Muslim friends who don't always eat halal meat, or will eat from a bbq that has had bacon cooked on it. I've got some Muslim friends who wear a hijab and some who don't. I've got Christian friends who give up something for Lent, others who eat meat on Good Friday.

I dont understand how this is relevant. Of course all people follow religion differently. No-one understands this better than a follow of the religion. Mama mirabelle wasnt speaking for all muslims,she directly stated that she was only speaking for her own personal beliefs. Again, it all just comes down to being respectful of others and what they believe.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (05-02-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    I never said people who lie are terrible mothers Just that I choose not too. A while ago my DD nagged me for a supermarket $2 ride, & it ended with a big conversation about how it is my job to make sure we spend our money on the things we need to for our family. Would have been much easier to say I didnt have any money!

Anyway, I have to get my DD from school,so am out now.
    When you've got one child, it's easy to sit and explain everything. When I've got 3 kids who are all 2 years apart then sometimes I don't have time to explain. And even so, my youngest would have no idea about me explaining the concept of being financially responsible.

But sometimes I just tell my kids no. And that's OK as well.

Sometimes I lie and tell them I'm not feeling well when I cbf playing with them anymore. Or I tell them I'm tired if I want to just lie down for 5 minutes and not be bothered. Better than me telling them that I've had enough of their company and just want to be alone.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    I dont understand how this is relevant. Of course all people follow religion differently. No-one understands this better than a follow of the religion. Mama mirabelle wasnt speaking for all muslims,she directly stated that she was only speaking for her own personal beliefs. Again, it all just comes down to being respectful of others and what they believe.
    Yes, be respectful of what others believe whether it is God, Allah, Santa, Ra, The Rainbow Serpent!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Which is exactly why I said I can't speak for anyone else only myself, and that for SOME people this might be their reasoning for not partaking in the story of Santa. It's as valid a choice as anyone else's.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (05-02-2016),LoveLivesHere  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    When you've got one child, it's easy to sit and explain everything. When I've got 3 kids who are all 2 years apart then sometimes I don't have time to explain. .
    An age appropriate version of the truth can be given just as quick as a white lie if that's what a parent wants to do.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (05-02-2016)