+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 49
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks
    12,336
    Thanked
    5,045
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A half-day in a spa is heaven! Don't think I could handle a full day, but I travel to Bali a lot and can easily spend an afternoon every second day having a massage, body scrub, wrap, facial, hair cream bath and pedicure. Ohhhhh yeaaahhhh

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,067
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked
    1,500
    Reviews
    12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Heaven! A spa day followed by night in a 5 star hotel is my dream present. Maybe one day it'll come true.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

    Mama Mirabelle  (03-02-2016)

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,708
    Thanks
    893
    Thanked
    2,784
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    My DH got me one years ago...it was awesome...massage...some shower thing (spa people will know what I mean), pedicure, manicure, and facial. I wish I could afford a facial every month actually...my skin is always so clear and soft after a facial.
    But...I'd never go to one of those nail painting places etc. Just ick. No.
    Oh, and I hate the hairdressers...so boring.
    No!!! Going to the hairdresser is awesome! 2 whole hours of just sitting drinking tea, reading trashy mags, playing on my phone and having my hair played with. Bliss. I go every 6-8 weeks mostly just for the experience. My hairdresser is awesome as well, just enough chat to not be rude but not so much that I want to leave. I freakin love going to the hairdresser

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,377
    Thanks
    1,504
    Thanked
    883
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't like going the hairdresser's. That's why I go once a year, get it cut short then let it grow out and cut it again when it's too long and I am sick of it. Sometimes (lots of times) I don't even bother to brush it and just pull it back in a pony tail even if i am going to work.
    Have also never had a facial, pluck my own eyebrows when I get around to it, never had a manicure or pedicure. I am very low maintenance in the looks department!

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Heaven as long as it's a legitimate day Spa and not one of those places that try to touch your bum crack.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (03-02-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (03-02-2016)

  8. #36
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,673
    Thanks
    1,006
    Thanked
    2,414
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    No!!! Going to the hairdresser is awesome! 2 whole hours of just sitting drinking tea, reading trashy mags, playing on my phone and having my hair played with. Bliss. I go every 6-8 weeks mostly just for the experience. My hairdresser is awesome as well, just enough chat to not be rude but not so much that I want to leave. I freakin love going to the hairdresser ������
    I love my hairdresser...but gawd I hate sitting down for 2 1/2 hrs just to get my freaking hair done. So much wasted time...I also hate having my hair played with, so it's just a chore rather than an enjoyable experience.

  9. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,708
    Thanks
    893
    Thanked
    2,784
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    I don't like going the hairdresser's. That's why I go once a year, get it cut short then let it grow out and cut it again when it's too long and I am sick of it. Sometimes (lots of times) I don't even bother to brush it and just pull it back in a pony tail even if i am going to work.
    Have also never had a facial, pluck my own eyebrows when I get around to it, never had a manicure or pedicure. I am very low maintenance in the looks department!
    You're my polar opposite 😂 I wax my own eyebrows every 4 weeks and pluck 1-2 times a week in between, dye my eyebrows every fortnight, go to the hairdresser once every 6-8 weeks for a trim and dye, I blow dry and straighten twice a week, epilate my bikini line once a fortnight, do DIY gel manicure once every 2-3 weeks, fake tan every 1-2 weeks, give myself a DIY facial (cleanse, exfoliate, mask) every Sunday night, shave my kegs every second day, paint my toenails once a fortnight, wear a full face of makeup most days.....

    Now I know why I'm so freakin tired all the time 😯

  10. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,708
    Thanks
    893
    Thanked
    2,784
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    I love my hairdresser...but gawd I hate sitting down for 2 1/2 hrs just to get my freaking hair done. So much wasted time...I also hate having my hair played with, so it's just a chore rather than an enjoyable experience.
    Ah, see I adore having my hair played with, as long as it's not when I'm trying to buckle DS1 into his car seat (he has a habit of touching it and twirling it while I'm leaning into the car).

  11. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,377
    Thanks
    1,504
    Thanked
    883
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    You're my polar opposite 😂 I wax my own eyebrows every 4 weeks and pluck 1-2 times a week in between, dye my eyebrows every fortnight, go to the hairdresser once every 6-8 weeks for a trim and dye, I blow dry and straighten twice a week, epilate my bikini line once a fortnight, do DIY gel manicure once every 2-3 weeks, fake tan every 1-2 weeks, give myself a DIY facial (cleanse, exfoliate, mask) every Sunday night, shave my kegs every second day, paint my toenails once a fortnight, wear a full face of makeup most days.....

    Now I know why I'm so freakin tired all the time 😯
    Sounds like too much hard work!
    I don't do any sort of facial cleanse. It's just splash of water then dry with towel lol
    No make up, no perfume, only epilate underarm to avoid body odor, bikini line if I plan on wearing a swimming costume and shave legs if I plan on wearing shorts or a skirt.

  12. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,708
    Thanks
    893
    Thanked
    2,784
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    Sounds like too much hard work!
    I don't do any sort of facial cleanse. It's just splash of water then dry with towel lol
    No make up, no perfume, only epilate underarm to avoid body odor, bikini line if I plan on wearing a swimming costume and shave legs if I plan on wearing shorts or a skirt.
    If I could get away with not doing it, I would, but I look awful otherwise.

    And I have 6 different perfumes on the go ATM 😀


 

Similar Threads

  1. Toddler sleep nightmare
    By SpecialK in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 24-12-2015, 21:52
  2. Molluscum nightmare!
    By CMF in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 24-10-2015, 12:11
  3. Help me! 2 year old bedtime is a NIGHTMARE
    By JR03 in forum 'No Cry' Sleeping Solutions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-08-2015, 13:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
BAE The Label
Versatile, premium maternity wear that you will love throughout pregnancy and long after. Cleverly designed for for all stages of motherhood so that you can 'Just be you (+1)'.
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
Baby Monitors
Looking to buy a baby monitor? :: Read viewer reviews of baby monitors BEFORE you buy :: Buy at a local or online Baby Nursery Shop
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!