+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree to consider a farm pram and an 'out' pram. I had DDs old pram (jeep 3wheel) for on the farm - light, big air filled tyres. And a new pram that pretty much lived in the car.

That way I wasn't worried about cleaning the pram to stop farm yuk getting in the car. One pram stayed clean and one got dirty as it needed to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thank you all so much! There is so much to think about it gets a little overwhelming...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely a home pram and a town pram. Our home pram was a big old 4 wheel emmaljunga. At a pinch I can put all 3 kids in it and I picked it up for $2 at a clearing sale. Local BSS is awesome for prams and also ask your neighbours with older kids - you never know who has one hiding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Definitely a home pram and a town pram. Our home pram was a big old 4 wheel emmaljunga. At a pinch I can put all 3 kids in it and I picked it up for $2 at a clearing sale. Local BSS is awesome for prams and also ask your neighbours with older kids - you never know who has one hiding.
    I would buy a Emma too!! Highly recommend them you could get a old one for prob $25 or free there is a Facebook page too

BEST PRAMS EVER!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I would buy a Emma too!! Highly recommend them you could get a old one for prob $25 or free there is a Facebook page too

BEST PRAMS EVER!
    Completely off topic but was it you that just moved to Launceston? How's it all going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I have a Strider 4 wheel pram, which has gone from first bub who is now 4.5yo, and 2nd bub who is now 22 months. Its a bit grubby now but still nothing broken and is still going strong. I'll prob keep it for another 6 months or so as its still useful if i need to strap the little fella in for his own safety while we do stock work. We have 250 acres and the pram has been pushed everywhere on gravel, grass, sand, etc etc. Thrown in the back of the ute or the front of the horse float, and had lots of feed buckets hung off it as I walked around feeding the horses. I had the bassinet attachment for when they were newborns and otherwise they sat up in the regular seat which you can face either way. You can get a second seat too. Absolutely you are best to try for a second hand one for the farm coz you will very quickly get sick of cleaning the pram everytime you go to town. Pretty embarrassing to be rolling thru the mall and then notice the sheep poo all over the side of the wheels . I ended up just getting a nice second hand Valco Ion as my town pram, and an emergency stroller type one in the second car. Def go for a pram that has solid wheels like the Strider or you will forever be dealing with punctures. The surface is so rough anyway on the farm that pneumatic tyres won't help much. My kids loved the rough ride anyway and it helped them to sleep in the pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post

BEST PRAMS EVER!
    Which Emma do you guys recommend? Also do you know the name of the Facebook page? Thanks xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry another question... Do you recommend foam or pump tyres? Of all the shops I've been to they all have different ideas... Pump are better for making a smooth ride but I don't want to have to change/ pump tyres every day. I figure even if the foam are a bit more bumpy, if the pram has reasonably good suspension it should be ok, right? Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Foam filled

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Acvr View Post
    Which Emma do you guys recommend? Also do you know the name of the Facebook page? Thanks xx
    I thinks it's emmaljunga australia buy swap sell. Any of the older Emma's will be pretty cheap. I have one that's 20 years old and still going strong.