+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm a dancing in the rain kind of mum. We put our gumboots on and race leaves down the gutter and jump in puddles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have a choice, my boys see a puddle and go for gold. At home it doesn't bother me but out and about it drives me insane. Trying to dry wet shoes right now thanks to the muddy soaking wet oval at school drop off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a muddy puddles mum - I remember waking home from primary school in the rain and I LOVED it!

As long as it's not a storm I.e. lightning and winds...and as long as we're not about to leave to go do something, then get outside and get as messy you like. And leave your wet muddy clothes at the back door!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Play in the rain! We're in Sydney where we've had a crazy amount of rain in the middle of summer, so it makes a pretty good activity for a hot day

Fun tip - blowing bubbles outside in the rain, they stick to the ground (or anything else that's wet) rather than popping so there's neat bubbly domes all over the ground

5. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dance in the rain/jump in muddy puddles

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I cant get the photos, but when my girls were four years old, we were living in Charleville (Out west qld), and it really didn't rain very often. So there was one time when we had two huge mud puddles in our driveway. the girls put their mudboots on, and did make a little splash in the puddles. I took the camera and took a pic, they are both just standing in the puddles, still nice and clean, only the boots were wet. I went inside, and in about 20 minutes, I went back out. there was not one inch of them that was not covered in mud. so I had to take a 'after' shot. it was so hilarious, they had the best time. lovely red mud, every where and I mean everywhere. such fun. marie.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (07-02-2016),deku  (03-02-2016),misskittyfantastico  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I have countless photos of my kids covered head to toe in mud. Honestly, their love of muddy puddles rivals the Pig family.
    I think though that a love of rain, dirt and mud goes hand in hard with living in the bush.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am a singing in the rain type of mum, I do it a lot. BUT I do hate muddy puddles. Water dries. Mud on clothes just means more washing, and I hate washing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was raised on a dairy farm and still love playing in the wet and mud. Mind you we live in a hot climate so when it rains it is still hot. The pindan is messy but awesome and the kids love it. Our family tradition is, when we have our first rain of the wet season we all run around the house naked 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Mud puddles mum here. Why not? May as well have fun while we can.