+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking A Kind-hearted Surrogate Mother Brisbane

Hello all.

We're a loving committed M-M couple, together for over 11 years, we are currently living in Brisbane Queensland and we are looking to start a family.

We would love to meet someone who can help us. We have been looking for a potential surrogate mother for a few years now without any luck.

A wonderful friend of ours has agreed to donate some of her eggs to help in the process of starting our new family, which we are eternally grateful for.

About us:
    As a couple, we are a mix of the artistic and scientific - Michael (32yo) is an aspiring sculptor, and Paul (34yo) is an established and respected research engineer working in robotics. We hope to one day move back to Canberra and establish a studio and workshop for our various projects and hobbies.

We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Paul & Michael
    Last edited by PaulandMichael; 03-02-2016 at 18:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Paul and I started dating in 2004 a few months after i moved to the ACT from NSW - we met randomly on ICQ (remember ICQ?) and found we had a lot in common. We were both in our early 20s, into games and sci fi and big cat conservation. Paul was in his first year of his PhD in robotics and I had recently finished studying IT at TAFE.

It wasn't long before our friendship grew into something more. We spent a lot of time in Paul's lab poking his robots or watching movies at my place. Eventually we moved in together, although Paul had to move away for a few years while he did his post-doc at Yale. Going long-distance was torture for both of us, and now that we're comfortably settled in Brisbane, we never want to be apart!

Like all couples, we've been through the normal relationship things - highs and lows and stress and fun. We are not to type to yell or fight with each other, although we've had our share of silly arguments (as we all do). Our greatest strengths as a couple is our deep love, friendship and the most important of all communication. We always talk about our wants, needs, fears and everything else.

After around 8-9 years of dating and Paul proposing marriage (I accepted, of course!!) we decided that we really want to have a family of our own. Of course, being a male-male couple poses a few large hurdles to clear before that can happen. After much thought and introspection, we have come to the conclusion that our only realistic option is to find a surrogate. Which is what brings us here!

We hope we can chat with people that have been or are going through the surrogate process, with great hope to find a kind-hearted surrogate. One of Pauls lovely friends has offered to donate us her eggs, so that's a step forward already.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulandMichael For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @PaulandMichael!

I have some friends that are in a male-male relationship and are currently expecting their first. They found their surrogate through a Facebook page called 'Australian Surrogacy Community'. They were lucky enough to meet someone very quickly and also had an egg donor ready to go. I believe there is a 6 month quarantine period in QLD fertility clinics but only 3 months in NSW. They quarantine the embryos and test the donor after 3 months to make sure they won't pass anything to the surrogate and then they are good to go and be used. It's an exciting time that you have reached! My partner and I are a female-female couple and are on our journey at the moment. It's not easy but one day we will have a little bundle of joy and I hope you will too! Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much TortoiseNoTheHare!

We are new member to the Australian Surrogacy Community Facebook group. Thank you so much for the quarantine information, we need all the information we can get.

I hope you two have lots of wonderful children together

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're welcome! You will need to have counselling at the fertility clinic use for both your egg donor and your surrogate and then counselling for all parties involved together. They will then start stimming your egg donor for egg collection. They then fertilise the eggs with the sperm that you plan on using and the embryos are then frozen for the quarantine period. Once that's over the re-do blood tests on the egg donor and make sure they are all clear and then give you the green light. Your surrogates cycle will then be tracked and an embryo can be transferred back. With any luck you will get a pregnancy straight away but most times it will take a few goes.

There's also legalities that will need to be sorted out both before hand and afterwards. Once the baby has been born you will still need to file for full parental orders which my friends have been told will be approx $10k so that all rights are handed over to them. From memory I think they spent about $5k on pre legal work too. It's costly but will be well worth it when you have a bub!

IVF costs vary from clinic to clinic but typically sits somewhere around $10k including hospital and anaesthetists costs but you may get some back from Medicare again depending on how your clinic submits it. The embryo transfers are generally not covered by Medicare when it comes to surrogacy and will range from about $2,500 - $3,000 for each one.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow thank you so much for the information! We can't wait to begin

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulandMichael For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (10-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulandMichael View Post
    Wow thank you so much for the information! We can't wait to begin
    Keep us updated! Hope to see some good news coming from you soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are making slow progress, even though we haven't found our surrogate, Paul has had a few sperm samples put on ice. Its not much, but it does feel good to take those small steps.